email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone been out Of Bolles Harbor past few days?  (Read 3492 times)

Duke Fishing

Anyone been out Of Bolles Harbor past few days?
« on: May 21, 2010, 08:35:40 AM »

Planning on heading out of Bolles Harbor this Sunday.  Has anybody been out on Erie from there as of late?  If so, do any good?  Any suggestions on where to fish?  Any help would be great, pretty clueless on Erie.  Thanks in advance.

Got Fish??

Re: Anyone been out Of Bolles Harbor past few days?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 06:08:26 PM »

Few guys from work went on Thursday. 5-20-10. They said the further they went south the muddyer the water got . Vary few fish caught south of banana dike. The water out in front of Erie Metro was cloudy, but more fish caught. Water may clear up by Saturday or sunday. I would go out of Erie or Elizabeth park, fish the river mouth south to banana dike.

Duke Fishing

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 08:29:36 AM »

Thanks for the advice, sorry it took so long to get back I had some computer issues.  Went out on this past Sunday, tried breast bay but the water was a mess (looked like my coffee) and only got two.  Skipped down to Toledo Beach area and killed them there (water was much clearer).  As the day went on the water really mucked up.  Will be out there again this upcoming Sunday.  Hopefullu the lack of rain and nice weather will clear up the water.  Lookin forward to drillin some smallies.

UAWBigDog

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 10:06:40 AM »

According to the satellite picture from Great Lakes Coast Watch, the lake seems to have cleared up.  The water probably still has a slight stain to it, but you won't know till you get there.  I wouldn't listen to a lot of "dock talk" about conditions if I were you.  Tournament season is upon us and no one is going to tell you the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  Good Luck out there.

BD                       ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 10:07:14 PM »

Do you look at the MODIS satellite imagery?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

UAWBigDog

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 08:59:55 AM »

Yes I do. I have looked at it and then gone out there and experienced where I saw clear in the picture and then mud when I actually got there and vice versa. Most of the time it is pretty accurate. A picture is worth a thousand words.     :D

BD.                      ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Duke Fishing

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 09:27:33 AM »

I look at it to....but usually the sat. pics are cloud covered or a day behind. 

DUKE

UAWBigDog

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 10:43:07 AM »

Cloud cover can not be helped however I have found the pictures to be a day behind as well. Sometimes it's a crap shoot.

BD                         ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge