Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:06:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What makes your rig shine?

Started by frogman, April 26, 2006, 12:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frogman

There are a million cleaners and waxes on the market, still looking for the one to make the 'ole metalflake gleem -- suggestions?? Saw a tip to use "pledge" on the seats and it worked great.

Thanks

canvsbk

Bass Boat Saver is great stuff, kinda pricey but great stuff.
Look past what they want you to see.

Hooksetter

I use Wash All/Wax All on my boat, trailer and windshields. I use 303 on all the vinyl, rubber and dashboards. They both work great and are not real expensive. A bottle of each lasts me two years.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

MBell

Thats funny, My boat is coverd in mud after this weekend.
-Matt

djkimmel

I bet it's not shining!

I like Armourall for the tires and vinyl seats. Makes the seats a little slippery at first (probably like Pledge - which I use to do a quick shine on the boat before some tournaments).

I'm still looking for the perfect wax/cleaner. I've had about the best luck with the ones Ranger sells. Separate cleaner, de-oxidizer and gloss coat - my boat is outside all year, and even with the cover, I'm challenged with oxidation - the boat has been around quite a while in the sunlight.

I tried one I thought did pretty good last year, but the name escapes me. Gel-something I think.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Andy

BBS is the best for shine. Its one of the best all around cleaners I have ever found. Hay Dan watch that Armourall on that vinyl It can dry it out and then it will start to crack.

djkimmel

Shoot - no one told me that. Why do we put it on tires - doesn't do the same thing? I thought they said to put it on car vinyl too. Did I read the wrong directions.

I wonder if that has anything to do with my bench seats finally starting to give way in the corners the last two seasons? I didn't use it every week - just a few times a year. The boat is 13 seasons old though.

Ranger sells a treatment for the seats. Not sure what it is, but it smelled like Armorall.

What is BBS?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

BBS or Bass Boat Saver is great stuff...don't know if its available at any marina stores or not, i've only ever seen it on-line??  I use that as well as some RV polish/cleaner that I picked up from a camper dealership, it works great and is very easy to use.  it has the consistancy of a thinner wax, spray on a rag and wipe on rig (or spray directly on the boat, but I like to control where it goes) they follow with a light wipe just to buff and man does it shine. 

I have found the same thing with Armor All ..likes to crack vinyl...that is their trick once you start using it, you almost have to all the time.

I use the Armor All or equiv.  spray foam cleaner/shiner for the tires it strips all the dirt off, then I do a final wipe using a clear liquid tire dressing, gives them that really good wet look (of course as soon as i dump it into the water....) 

The wheels i spray with simple green degreaser, then a coat of windex, then I apply wax to restore the shine.

I use a spray foam type glass cleaner for my windshield, then a little of my RV polish over them buffed cleaned.  keeps bugs or other from sticking, easier to clean.

I drop a bar of Lava soap down by the bilge and let it be...throughout the year of moving around and mixing with water it keeps the "bowels" nice and clean.

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Duke

Bass Boat Saver is the best! There is nothing you can't put it on. ;D

Duke
Duke

frogman

great tips and suggestions (the lava is going in the pit tonight!)
thanks guys

yukonjack2

BBS as well - stuff really brings out the shine!   Lava going in the bilge in mine as well tonight.

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

rudycard72

I use nothing but BIOKLEEN products to clean my RANGER. Its just great stuff, I tried many products to try and clean what looked like hard water stains especially on the back of my boat, but nothing compared to the BIOKLEEN HULL CLEANER. I have been real happy with the rest of their boat line as well. Its made in Kalamazoo but you can find it at marinas all over the state.

VinceR

Quote from: djkimmel on April 26, 2006, 11:29:14 PM
I bet it's not shining!

I like Armourall for the tires and vinyl seats. Makes the seats a little slippery at first (probably like Pledge - which I use to do a quick shine on the boat before some tournaments).

I'm still looking for the perfect wax/cleaner. I've had about the best luck with the ones Ranger sells. Separate cleaner, de-oxidizer and gloss coat - my boat is outside all year, and even with the cover, I'm challenged with oxidation - the boat has been around quite a while in the sunlight.

I tried one I thought did pretty good last year, but the name escapes me. Gel-something I think.

A little slippery?
A couple of years ago, I fished with a certain mutual friend who had just done a beautiful job of cleaning and shining his seats with Armorall. Needless to say, after running up the St. Clair River for about a mile, I completely gave up on trying to sit IN the seat.

I have found that 303 Protectant works great. It cleans and protects your vinyl (it has UV protection), and leaves your seats soft and new looking without being slick. It also works on the fiberglass for a quick shine (and protects it from UV, also).

Revtro

Off the top of my head, I can't recall if it's 303 or 505, but it's a product I picked up at Wonderland last year.  I tried it out last week and it rocks.  It made my leather look brand new and i used it on the gelcoat and the gelcoat looks great!  It's a spray that you just spray on and wipe off.  It says it protects from UV and isn't nearly as slippery as Armor All.  So far, so good.  We'll see how it holds up out on the water.   
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Shayne Cleveland

Turtle wax and lots of Elbow grease :D
I stay away from armourall. I lived in Florida for three years and people down there said that stuff was a no no. They claimed after repeated use on vehicle interior it built a tolerance to the oils and needed more and more to lube it up. The sun would bake the oils into the interior and do more bad then good. It attracted more heat and the more the heat the quicker the damage.

Just what they told me, And I believe it.

bcbasser

I've been a BioKleen mark for awhile but I got some BassBoat Saver and the stuff is awesome...Let me know if you need some and I will hook you up!!
www.kistlerrods.com
www.championboats.com

Amsoil Synthetic Lubricants www.lubedealer.com/benwallace