email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lowrance LMS 520C problems  (Read 7207 times)

billy_bass

lowrance LMS 520C problems
« on: March 24, 2010, 08:28:28 PM »

Hello, I am having problems with my GPS. The unit is powering up fine, the sonar works, but the GPS Module is not responding. I went through the connections with contact cleaner but still have the problem. I was curious if any of you have had this problem and how to fix it. Is the puck bad? or possibly the T-connector and cable bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It's not Luck.......It's where preperation meets opportunity

LAPORTE

Re: lowrance LMS 520C problems
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 09:10:07 PM »

Did you just install it ?

The puck needs 12v of power along with the head unit. If you loose the power to the puck the head unit will have a dialog box that comes up and says GPS not responding.

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

MIBasser

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:37 PM »

I had the same issue with my 520 last year.  Called Linda Colt and had a new one in 3 days with a pre-paid return for my old unit.  No questions asked.

However, Linda is not there anymore.   I was never told what the problem was or how to fix it - I know that doesn't help you very much.  I would try Lowrance first to see if they can help you.

billy_bass

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 11:21:31 PM »

I did install it about a year and a half ago. It worked great since day one, until last fall. It gave me a GPS module not responding alarm on the head unit. I was runnning down burt lake and it would lock on and lock off constantly. Since then I can't even get it to lock on even for a second.

MIBasser, did you have to send the entire unit back? or just the puck?
It's not Luck.......It's where preperation meets opportunity

Bender

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 01:37:55 AM »

I had the same problem last year after it worked for a year, GPS Module Not Responding. Same thing with Lowrance, talked to Linda and got a new one. It was just the head unit. I would check the power to the unit and the other power to the GPS puck first just to be sure they are good before calling.

Manxfishing

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 04:40:14 AM »

I had a friend that had the same problem
He called Linda Colt as well and recieved a new puck also

In his case
It was a low batt. that was giving him the problems
He charged the batt. fully and it's been fine sense then
So you might try and charge the batt
The option of calling Linda Colt and gettinmg the problem resolved doesn't exsit any more

MIBasser

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 07:48:39 AM »

Billy, I just sent the head unit back.  I saved all my waypoints to an SD card before it was sent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge