Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:13:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Underwater Seminar with Kim Stricker at Cabelas in Dundee Michigan this weekend

Started by djkimmel, March 04, 2010, 01:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

Michigan bass pro and host of the Hook n' Look TV show Kim Stricker will perform underwater seminars this weekend at Cabelas in Dundee Michigan with his cameraman and son Danny Stricker. The seminars will be at 1 PM both Saturday and Sunday, March 6 and 7, 2010.

I will be there Saturday to check out my first underwater seminar. Our own cameraguy will be there too getting above the water shots as Kim and Danny swim underwater in Cabelas 43,000 gallon aquarium talking about Great Lakes fishing tips and information about our great variety of fish we are so fortunate to have.

Stop by for the free seminars by 1 PM Saturday or Sunday and check this unique and informative seminar. The equipment used by Kim and Danny will allow them to talk to us from within the tank just like we were all sharing a boat together!! Should be really cool! See you there!

The Hook n' Look TV show is on Versus at 3 p.m. on Fridays and 7 a.m. Saturdays with Season 3 running now. Check your local listings for specific times and days or go to hooknlook.com for details. You'll enjoy the unique show as Kim and Danny fish above and below the water providing action and education close up and personal about the fish we all enjoy so much.

Cabelas is located in Dundee Michigan at 110 Cabela Blvd East just of Highway 50 next to US 23. Exit US 23 at mile marker 17. Telephone: 734-529-4700

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Posted: March 4, 2010
Eric Sharp

Different angle for anglers
BY ERIC SHARP
Free Press Outdoors Writer

There are lots of television fishing shows based on the "two Bubbas in a boat" format. The action consists of the anglers derricking bass into the boat as quickly as possible, and the dialogue usually runs along the lines of "That's a good fish" and "That's a better fish."

While I've never been particularly interested in watching a couple guys in shirts plastered with sponsor logos catch fish, I watch because I've always been fascinated by the fish and the places. What are the fish doing when the lure comes past, and why might they hit it? What are they doing when they're not feeding, and where do they go?

Those questions also fascinated Kim Stricker of Howell, a businessman who has been very successful on both of the national bass tournament trails. Read the Entire Article on freep.com / Detroit Free Press

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Here's a picture of Danny Stricker with KVD at the Novi Ultimate Fishing Show.

fiker

Great show.  Bummed when I've missed it. I try and get up early Saturday's to watch it. 

Kim's a great guy.  I've emailed him several times asking for help, and advice.  Kim has always been more than generous with his time and knowledge.

I'm even a fan on Facebook.  And, by the way, should you do that, you'll get a preview every week of this week's show.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

cameraguy

I'm down here right now and this aquarium is AWESOME (45,000 gallons to be exact)! This unique seminar is one you won't want to miss.  Check it out if you can get down here to the Cabela's in Dundee!

fiker

I did.  I was.  And I walked out.

The sound was bad, and seeing was difficult. 
Hopefully others found it more to their liking. 

But then, I was kinda in a bad mood anyway.  You see I drove down there to see the seminars, and pick up a few gallons of outboard oil, along with my other Spring stuff.  I got there around 10:00.
When I inquired as to the location of the oil the salesman chuckled, and said we sold out about 2 hours ago.  I was told that there were 400 people lined up at the entrance to the store, and every one of em bought out the supply of oil in the first few minutes the store was open. "Rain check?" "No we don't do that". 
When I went to the service desk, I got a copy of the flyer.  Couldn't see where it said no rain checks.  The service lady later pointed it out to me on the back of the flyer.  "Cabelas reserves the right to limit quantities".   Later we found it on the front as well.  I asked about a rain check.  Cabelas doesn't do rain checks. I asked to speak to a manager.  I told him I drove over an hour to come to his store to buy oil.  I said I spend literally hundreds of dollars in Cabelas every year, and "there's nothing you can do?"
He politely informed me that there was nothing he could do, and that he was sorry. 
I thought about going and getting a shopping cart, and picking out all the stuff I was going to buy today.  I was then going to take it to the service desk and show them what I would not be buying today.  You see that's my policy.  If I feel like I'm not being serviced, I walk away. 
I did see one nice walleye seminar, and then went home. 

I did all that I can do.  I didn't spend  one dime while there.   I have a couple of gift certificates from Christmas, but when those are gone, it'll be a long time before I go back.

Oh and by the way, should you go, I hope you like crowds, because it is as crowded today as if it's Christmas. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

djkimmel

Well... sorry you were in a bad mood. You're usually a happy person :)

I thought there were lots of people when I got there about 1 PM but not as crowded as a weekend fishing show. I was glad to see a lot of people there, but despite all the people constantly moving through the small aquarium hallway, I had no trouble getting a lot of footage of Kim and Danny in the aquarium.

I thought it was very entertaining and fun to watch them interact with the various fish. I got to ask a question. They had The Professor there too from U of M to answer any questions they weren't sure about. He answered my question about the oldest fish in Michigan - the sturgeon of course. They had one that was 73 years old - 190 some pounds.

I could understand 99% of what they said from in the tank. Well Kim anyway. Danny's mic shorted out right after they started - probably a cable connection. I could understand Kim despite the noise from the constant stream of people moving through to watch.

I had fun watching the kids. There were always a bunch of them right up at the glass. I always enjoy watching fish and game do their thing too. They fed the fish later in the seminar.

The bigmouth buffalo had no trouble going after the pellets they feed them even when Kim and Danny were nearby. The gamefish were a little more shy, but I watched a 2 pound largemouth chase and eat a 6 inch sucker minnow. Hungry little guy. I got most of it on video, but right when it hit, a child blocked me. Still something to see the scales trailing out of the basses gills.

I enjoyed the seminar and the company. cameraguy was busy getting the shots too. As I said earlier, despite the crowds, I got quite a bit of the seminar on tape. People were pretty courteous and seemed in good spirits. I think the big warm up had a lot to do with that! I still have 1.5 to 2 feet of snow in my front yard, but plenty of the state is almost snow free between here and Dundee.

cameraguy

Sorry if you had a bad time, Fiker.  There were some audio issues, but this was the first time they have done a seminar underwater.  It will be better today and in the future.
The kids seemed to love it. Plus, anybody can ask questions. Kim can hear them and will respond.  Pretty cool stuff.  So, if there is info you want to know from a former touring pro and TV host, go ahead and ask away.