Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Ramp reservations

Started by gterrien, March 01, 2010, 10:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gterrien

Hey all,

Wanted to ask if anyone else is concerned or surprised at the ramp reservations this year. 

I called all my lakes for the NBAA MCI circuit and all the offices have said we do not even need to call anymore to have them mark it in their books. 
What amazes me is they are more than willing to keep track to make sure we do not have a ramp double booked with two larger tournaments.  My first event is on Lobdell on May 29th and DNR office rep said just get there early.  He was not even keeping a book.  Lake Orion and Oakland are keeping track, but it does not mean we cannot show up.

And each one I call said they liked the way it was in the past.  They had very little issues at ramps with the call-in-system. 

I know as directors we do our best not to book on top of another trail on the same lake, but it is a task with all the divisions, clubs, and trails out there.   

Let's hope 2010 will be as smooth as past years. 

George Terrien
NBAA Motor City Challenge - Director

RecLending.com
Highest Honor Trophies
Wacky Boy

McCarter

yeah, i was told the same thing.  its gonna be interesting seeing what happens when you get 2 20 boat tournaments on the same day at the same lake that has a smaller ramp/lot. 

McCarter himself :-\'

fiker

I just wish I could get/keep/be informed as to where the tx's are going to be.  Seems like it wouldn't be that big a deal to post it on the net, after permits are drawn.
Those of us that don't compete much would kinda like to know how to avoid the traffic.

Isn't there supposed to be a percentage limit as to how many of the available spaces can be designated to a tx?

If so, how many? 
Also, if so, is it enforced?

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

djkimmel

There has been a percentage limit stated in the past, but does that only apply to permit lakes? I think the only fair thing it first-come, first-serve, as it always really has been.

Enforcement is not in place in most cases and not truly feasible at the MDNR's present size and budget.

I believe that is what is driving these changes. Along with the reduced number of complaints and incidents over recent years.

Roy's open list is the best source right now for tournaments of any size. The real big tournaments mostly go to the big lakes. Events not listed should normally be mostly made up of small club events that would fill only the smallest boat ramps. The MDNR still does not have the computer/database system (and personnel) to maintain such a list. No organization has stepped forward to volunteer to do so and any mention in the past has raised questions of favoritism or potential complaints over bias.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.