Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:38:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

tackle you got suckered into buying

Started by bob o, February 12, 2010, 10:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob o

i was just thinking of all the lures i got lured into buying, like the triangle shaped worms, three colored worms with sparkley tails that move by like "real worms" etc. i usually don't get suckered into much, i did not buy any helicopter lures or banjo minnows, i even remember a dragonfly lure that you cast a weight on shore and then "fly" a dragonfly down your line to the weight (yea right).
So what did you get lured into buying? or what did you run away from?

markgoetsch

I just want to go on record saying that the banjo minnow catches fish!!!  Its the only "tv" type bait I've ever seen that works just like it says it does.

bob o

ok i'll give ya the banjo minnow, how about the tube baits that fall away from you i "forget what they called them" juat a hook weighted at the bend or something like that.

TritonTR20

Got to say there are a lot of baits made to catch fishermen more so than fish! Fish don't spend any money...It's nice to have a few companies around that do develop lures for the primary reason of catching fish (first and foremost) and believing they will sell because of that reason.

McCarter

the flying lure was the tube style bait that would fall away from you on slack line.  i used to catch a ton of fish on those when i was a young whipper-snapper.

i bought helicopter lures from meijers back in the day and caught a few fish on them, too.

McCarter himself :-\'

thedude

the flying lure

they worked too, only cuz they were a glorified tube, not cuz they really were all that special.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

TCook

I got suckered into buying some of them nemesis baits, those things don't work. :-\'
FISH HARD!!!

Lightningboy

I'll admit to the helicopter lure.  Twisted anything less than 20# mono.

Left them all on a window sill in a cabin in Northwest Ontario; couldn't even get a hammer handle pike to bite them up there.

LipRip

I still have some flying lures and banjo minnows! I dont ever use them, but have them.

fiker

Quote from: bob o on February 12, 2010, 10:27:47 AM
ok i'll give ya the banjo minnow, how about the tube baits that fall away from you i "forget what they called them" juat a hook weighted at the bend or something like that.

The flying lure
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

stackenem

The flying lure did work if you used it right. You had to let it lay on the bottom then when the fish swam over it you ripped up real hard and stuck the hook in his tail. Worked great on salmon
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Durand Dan

Flourocarbon Line. I have never realized any benefit with it and It tends to break fairly easy. But it is expensive! ;D

Mike S.

I got suckered into every last piece of fishing equipment I have, and have lost.  It just calls out to me, and I can't say no.  Luckily, I have figured out how to catch fish with some of it!

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: TCook on February 12, 2010, 11:25:33 AM
I got suckered into buying some of them nemesis baits, those things don't work. :-\'

LMAO  Thanks for the "warning" Tim    ;D

motocross269

I have had almost no luck with Berkley Gulp Gobies......I have had great luck with other baits but the Gobies are like fishing with Dough balls....I know alot of people like them but they haven't panned out for me at all..

Revtro

Yeah yeah...Banjo Minnows about 15 years ago.  Grr. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Durand Dan

Quote from: motocross269 on February 12, 2010, 07:54:48 PM
I have had almost no luck with Berkley Gulp Gobies......I have had great luck with other baits but the Gobies are like fishing with Dough balls....I know alot of people like them but they haven't panned out for me at all..
I've bought them too, but the only success I've had is on Muskegeon

Reelin Realtor

Those catfish on Erie seem to like those gulp gobies, I've learned the sheephead bite but those catfish fool me everytime!

mikesmiph

The big one for me is that snake I see advertised on WFN. I want one soooo bad. I just know I'll start to catch 12 lbers if I had one.

LGMOUTH

Quote from: Durand Dan on February 12, 2010, 08:29:32 PM
Quote from: motocross269 on February 12, 2010, 07:54:48 PM
I've bought them too, but the only success I've had is on Muskegeon

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.