Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:24:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Age of tournament and Non-tournament fishermen/women

Started by Waterfoul, December 08, 2009, 10:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm doing some research, please help me out with honest answers.  Please pick the correct category for YOU.

16-25 NON tourney fisherman
26-45 NON tourney fisherman
46-60 NON tourney fisherman
61+ NON tourney fisherman
16-25 Tourney fisherman
26-45 Tourney fisherman
46-60 Tourney fisherman
61+ Tourney fisherman

Hooksetter

FF Jeff, I am in the same group as you. Although I have fished alot of tournies in the past 15 years, I did not fish any last year and only 1 each of the previous 2 years.

I haven't been able to spend the time on the water to stay as competitive as I would like to be in a tournament situation. Right now I don't see that changing in 2010, so I will fish when I can where I can and I am completely happy with that, for now. ;)

Willie
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Waterfoul

Quote from: FF Jeff on December 12, 2009, 11:39:58 AM
Oh, and I find it interesting such a small percentage that have voted do not tourney fish. hmmmmmmmm 

It's actually what I figured would happen.  I have this poll on another site and I'm getting similar results.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

dartag

maybe us 45-60 year olds should start a senior divison. 

Durand Dan

Quote from: dartag on December 13, 2009, 10:23:14 AM
I think the voting indicates there already is a senior division ;D

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: dartag on December 13, 2009, 10:23:14 AM

LOLOLOL  I have fished one or two the last two years, and the DK Fall open was one of them.  I do like the competitiveness though.  Part of the reason I don't is my job.  Fishing takes place during prime time off for fire fighters.  It gets hard to trade time when you want a weekend day off in the summer.  But still, I just really enjoy catching bass. No pressure.   

I fished once with a hardcore tourney fisherman one time on a trip to Alabama.  He couldn't believe I didn't have a net in my boat.  I told him, "Shoot, I'm just gonna turn it loose anyway"  lolol I visit here to try and pick up a few tips.  I sometimes ask for info and some of it is very protected, which is understandable.  I'm just trying to have more fun on the water.  :) Thanks for taking me out on White, Mike.

Thanks for hosting the information Dan.   

Waterfoul

Well Jeff... you're going to take me out on Hamlin this summer!!  Haven't been on Hamlin in like 30 years!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

BHarris989

I think there are a lot of us in our late 20's to mid 30's that spent a lot of quality time fishing as youngsters..passing it on to our children..tournament fishers or not

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: Waterfoul on December 14, 2009, 10:47:57 PM
Well Jeff... you're going to take me out on Hamlin this summer!!  Haven't been on Hamlin in like 30 years!!

Ok Mike, sounds like a plan.  I'll be there for two weeks in June and one in July.   ;D

Skulley

In my household there are four of us and all have fished tournaments at one time or another.  My daughter firsted fished a tournament with me when she was 8 years old.  She is 15 now but still does fish with me now and again in tournaments.  Her real choice is to fish for fun on St. Clair.  She absolutely loves going there.  My son first started tournaments when he was 8.  Now he is 9 and although he prefers to play soccer, he love to fish with me in tournaments when he can.  We are going to fish more this next season in 2010.  My wife has been fishing since she was a kid.  She hasn't fished many tournaments with me but wants to this coming season.  She prefers to go out fishing in the afternoon or evenings.  She is not a morning person as am I.  Now that there is a Friday Nite Division locally in NBAA, she is up for the task.  I am excited to be able to have the wealth of good partners that I have living under my roof.

BD          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

capt charlie's charters

Mentally I'm 30, physically 60 and I'm here to run you young punks in the ground !  fish all day, party all night as long as I'm in bed by 9.  whatever happened to the days of getting by on 4 hours of sleep all week long??? 

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Victor Cerabone

That is a wide age bracket.  I'm 40 now, but thankfully I still think like I'm 15.  Sometimes I act that way too.

djkimmel

Quote from: Victor Cerabone on February 13, 2010, 12:57:10 PM
That is a wide age bracket.  I'm 40 now, but thankfully I still think like I'm 15.  Sometimes I act that way too.

You're not alone there... ;D

Fishmael

I just read in the Bassmaster magazine that the average age of the angler of the year was 35.  That seems surprisingly low to me, since age doesn't seem like it should be as much of a factor in bass fishing as other sports.