Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:46:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Painting on MC numbers

Started by fishon1219, March 21, 2006, 10:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishon1219

Do any of you have your MC numbers painted on your boats and if so did you do it yourself or have a pro do it. I am exploring this possibility and i will need somebody with some talent to do it for me. Any thoughts??
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

225XS4Garza200PXL

Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

McCarter

Dude, KDawg, i can paint.  I watched Bob Ross for years man.

I can paint happy little trees.  Lonely rocks.  Pillowy clouds a floatin.  Cozy cottages.  Let me do it man.  But yo uhave to buy the spray paint and the cardboard templates.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

blakstr1

Quote from: PoorBoy on March 21, 2006, 10:46:53 AM
Dude, KDawg, i can paint.? I watched Bob Ross for years man.

Pillowy clouds a floatin.?
PoorBoy himself :-\'

those were my favorite episodes!!   :D  i went to my local print shop and they made me nice vinyl MC number decals for my boat, they come on one sheet so they are lined up good, he even used black outlined, reflective silver lettering, looks sharp and cost about $20 for a set.  IMO can't be beat.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

smbassman

I ordered mine from Decalzone.com  You can design them right on your computer with numerous fonts & colors. 

Hooksetter

A friend of mine that has his own graphics company made me two custom sets for my boat. They were a breeze to install and they look way better than the store bought decals. He has done them for other people as well, but I don't know what he charges. He did mine for free.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

superjay5

I would strongly suggest not painting your MC numbers on. I have been in the sign business longer then I care to remember and I would suggest vinyl lettering. To take it one step further, I would suggest Cast vinyl. There are two general types of vinyl, Cast and Calender, they differ in how they are made, but what is important to you is Cast has a lot longer life span and doesnt shrink. I have seen Calender vinyl shrink almost a 1/4 inch, leaving a adhesive mess around it.

Vinyl will hold up longer then paint, and will be way cheaper, if you choose someone else to do it. The nice thing about vinyl also is it is removable and will not damage the surface its applied to.

Most Cast vinyl is rated for 7-10 years.

Im sure that is way more then you wanted to know, but I'm picky when it comes to stuff like this, plus it being a bass boat and all.

If you would like, drop me a PM, and I'll give ya a quote. You can customize type styles(I have over 1500) colors, drop shadows, outlines......etc.

If not, any sign shop near you should be able to help you.

djkimmel

Just make sure they have a good contrast so you don't have any problems with the law down the road. Technically, most of these products do not meet regulatory requirements, but the only time I've had a problem was having sheriff deputies pull me over because they couldn't read my numbers from a distance - they blended in too well. At first they thought I didn't have any numbers.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.