Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:18:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2009 Season of Kim Stricker's Hook n' Look TV Show Starts 12/30 on Versus

Started by djkimmel, December 30, 2008, 01:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Strike King's "Hook n' Look" season two begins December 30. Veteran professional angler/lead diver Kim Stricker and his son (Danny) return to Versus for their second exhilarating season. Once again "Hook n' Look" will take television viewers on a captivating journey into the fish's neighborhood. A freshwater sportfishing/scuba diving program, "Hook n' Look" incorporates real time underwater footage and fishing action in an unprecedented format.

Season Two begins Tuesday, December 30 at 5 a.m. on the Versus Network. Each weekly show will be repeated on Wednesday (8:30 a.m.) and Friday (3 p.m.) through June 27.

Much more than a fishing show, "Hook n' Look"; is a captivating fishing experience above and below the water's surface. In each episode, underwater videographers reveal how fish and their natural forage relate to the bottom and structure around it. They also demonstrate the action, appearance and effectiveness of today's hottest lures as they are presented beneath the surface.

In addition to the informative content, viewers will witness unexpected fish strikes, exciting fight scenes and captivating underwater action in the wild - all in an unparalleled format.

For example, the Strickers employ underwater communication equipment that enables them and celebrity guest anglers to share real-time conversations with viewers to enhance the educational and entertaining experience. Each program is filmed in an actual fishing environment.

Anglers not only see first-hand how proper lure presentations trigger strikes, but they will learn intriguing characteristics of lake and river bottoms across the country and how they relate to successful angling tactics. The program will educate and inform viewers about the various types of forage and aquatic vegetation while creating public awareness of invasive species and other threats to the underwater world.

"Hook n' Look" is truly unlike any other freshwater fishing show and will leave audiences mesmerized and yearning for more.

To view previews, log onto www.hooknlook.com and get a summary of 2009 shows at http://www.kimstrickerproductions.com/Productions/HnL_Schedule.html

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Stricker's web site has been redesigned and looks really good. Check it out if you haven't yet - http://www.hooknlook.com

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

I enjoyed Kim's show so much, that last year I set my cell phone calendar to go off and remind me. 
The Wednesday and Friday show I couldn't watch due to work. 

Too busy learning how to use the GPS to figure out the record on the VHS.

But seriously. Hook and look is a neat program. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Skulley

I think it is the best fishing show on T.V.  It shows what is going on down underneath that you really can't see.  It helps give perspective to the fish finder.  It's made me a better bassfisherman.  Those are usually the shows I like to watch.  I watch shows that give me knowledge to take with me on my next trip.

I didn't see Stricker on the seminar schedule for the Ultimate Fishing Show. 

BD                   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

chrisvmo

DDBethke

Please Like my Facebook Page for the best Power-Pole pricing available!                                             http://www.facebook.com/TournamentReadyTackle
Optimum Baits Pro Staff
http://www.optimumbaits.com/
Reins Pro-Staff (Tungsten/Soft Plastics)
http://reinsfishing.com/
Twitter
http://twitter.com/DDBethke
Blog
http://duanebethkefishing.blogspot.com/

Lightningboy

Shoot!  I read this thread too late!  Gotta catch the replay.  Thank heaven for DVR too.

Hook & look is an awesome show.  Even my wife finds herself glued to it.  She says it reminds her of "Jaques Costeau" when she was a kid.  I've learned so much by watching.  I especialy loved the St. Clair river episode; watching how far those smallies follow a bait was incredible.

Only one thing that frustrates me.  I wish I could hand in a list of all the baits I want to see moving through the water in different settings.  There's just so much to learn...

motocross269

I was going through and setting my DVR last night...Alot of the good fishing shows are starting up this week..Bass pros, Hook and Look, Bass edge, Day on the lake, Worlds greatest fishing show..etc etc..
I love my DVR..My wife got it while I was deployed so she could tape shows for me...I thought I would shut it off when i got home...NO WAY!!!!  I don't know how I ever lived without it...

Skulley

I was surprised to see Stricker on Lake Geneva.  I have fished that lake several times while visiting my sister-in-law.  They definitely have some chunk largies in that lake...........but you ought to see the smallies.  They are huge.  It is not a St. Clair or Erie but a great lake to fish if you can ever get up there.  I usually fish it two to three times a year.  That has always been the reason to drag my boat up to northern Illinois where my sister-in-law lives.  She is about 35 minutes south of Lake Geneva.  Can't wait to get up there this spring. 

BD                ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Cheetam

hmmm...checked the DVR today.  No Hook n Look?  I guess I have to check my settings again.
Jeff

Skulley

It was on at 1500 hours (3pm).  Great show.  Watched it again.

BD             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bosshawg

watched it also today - good show.
about time the fishing shows started up again. got to be tired of seeing nothing but hunting shows (no offense against you hunters).
story on bassfan.com about a pretty awful accident last month w/kim and his son coming home from a filming trip. they came out ok plus boat, but the truck completely totaled.. scary stuff!
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

Quote from: bosshawg on January 02, 2009, 04:31:38 PM
watched it also today - good show.
about time the fishing shows started up again. got to be tired of seeing nothing but hunting shows (no offense against you hunters).
story on bassfan.com about a pretty awful accident last month w/kim and his son coming home from a filming trip. they came out ok plus boat, but the truck completely totaled.. scary stuff!

boss,
Check out more info and pictures on the scary wreck on the GL Blog...

Dan

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Durand Dan

Here is January's schedule on Versus

1/4 12:30 PM TBD TBD
1/6 11:00 AM THE BASS PROS Host, Stacey King; Edwin Evers, fishing matted vegetation; Kevin VanDam, fishing flat-tail worms Texas rigged; Rick Clunn, advantages of using aerial photography when bass fishing.
1/11 12:30 PM THE BASS PROS Host, Stacey King; Edwin Evers, fishing matted vegetation; Kevin VanDam, fishing flat-tail worms Texas rigged; Rick Clunn, advantages of using aerial photography when bass fishing.
1/13 11:00 AM THE BASS PROS Host, Stacey King; Edwin Evers, fishing matted vegetation; Kevin VanDam, fishing flat-tail worms Texas rigged; Rick Clunn, advantages of using aerial photography when bass fishing.
1/18 12:30 PM THE BASS PROS Host, Stacey King; Edwin Evers, fishing matted vegetation; Kevin VanDam, fishing flat-tail worms Texas rigged; Rick Clunn, advantages of using aerial photography when bass fishing.
1/20 11:00 AM THE BASS PROS Host, Stacey King; Edwin Evers, fishing matted vegetation; Kevin VanDam, fishing flat-tail worms Texas rigged; Rick Clunn, advantages of using aerial photography when bass fishing.
1/23 10:30 AM THE BASS PROS Host, Stacey King; Edwin Evers, fishing matted vegetation; Kevin VanDam, fishing flat-tail worms Texas rigged; Rick Clunn, advantages of using aerial photography when bass fishing.
1/25 12:30 PM THE BASS PROS Host, Stacey King; Edwin Evers, fishing matted vegetation; Kevin VanDam, fishing flat-tail worms Texas rigged; Rick Clunn, advantages of using aerial photography when bass fishing.
1/27 11:00 AM THE BASS PROS Host, Stacey King; Edwin Evers, fishing matted vegetation; Kevin VanDam, fishing flat-tail worms Texas rigged; Rick Clunn, advantages of using aerial photography when bass fishing.
1/30 10:30 AM THE BASS PROS Host, Stacey King; Edwin Evers, fishing matted vegetation; Kevin 

Dan

"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

t-bone

I talked with Kim at the fishing show yesterday and let him know how much I enjoy the TV program. I told him that of all the fishing programs I TIVO (and that is a lot), his is the only one my wife will watch with me. He says he gets that a lot. It is an interesting program for the angler and the boat rider.

Kim is a really nice guy. He talked about how they film the show and how much work it is to capture the video of the fishing and the underwater.

He showed us some pics on his cell phone of his  chevy tow vehicle after they hit some black ice a few weeks ago and rolled it. Luckily everyone came out ok and luck the dive tanks were in the boat and not bouncing around the truck.

T-Bone
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

Quote from: t-bone on January 11, 2009, 01:04:13 PM
I talked with Kim at the fishing show yesterday and let him know how much I enjoy the TV program. I told him that of all the fishing programs I TIVO (and that is a lot), his is the only one my wife will watch with me. He says he gets that a lot. It is an interesting program for the angler and the boat rider.

Kim is a really nice guy. He talked about how they film the show and how much work it is to capture the video of the fishing and the underwater.

He showed us some pics on his cell phone of his  chevy tow vehicle after they hit some black ice a few weeks ago and rolled it. Luckily everyone came out ok and luck the dive tanks were in the boat and not bouncing around the truck.

T-Bone

Thanks for joining GreatLakesBass.com. Kim checks in and reads the comments here when he can. I have more information and some pictures about his unfortunate accident on the GL Blog: www.greatlakesbass.com/glblog/

t-bone

Thanks for having me - a couple guys at the show asked if I was on this site, so I had to see what it was all about. I'm hoping to make it a regular stomping ground. Planning on fishing the Michigan BFL tournaments this year as a co-angler and hoping to get some info and tips from the regulars. You've got a great site and it looks like some really great forum members.

I happened on the pics this morning, they are the same ones he showed us.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250