Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:49:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

My turn

Started by spinninbug, November 24, 2008, 12:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinninbug

First of all let me say I didn't even want to get out of bed yesterday morning.  I told Terry just go with out me,  I'm tired,  he was relentless,  even put the puppy in bed with me and she chewed on my ears and pulled my hair.  So I got up and got ready. 

We get to the farm 15 minutes later than we wanted to and upon glassing the feild we only see one deer.  So we get out and get all geared up.  We only had to walk about 20 yards to where we were going to sit.

We weren't there 5 minutes when a deer walked out,  all alone and nose to the ground.  We really couldn't tell if it was a buck or a doe,  Terry said shoot it,  so I did,  well  true to form I missed the first shot,  but he ran about 50 yards and stopped,  I didn't miss that time,  dumped him right in his tracks, it was a 300 yard shot,  so we waited about 5 minutes and walked out to check it out,  not knowing what for sure I shot,  but Terry was certain it was a buck,  how big we didn't know,  well it turned out to be an eight point,  nothing huge but just a nice little eight point,  well this is when it got exciting,  while we were standing there looking at my deer,  another deer walked out of the woods about 350 yards away.  I had my scope set on 3 and Terry glassed this deer and said shoot it,  so I did,  didn't miss this time,  I dumped him right there.  We walked out there,  and I couldn't believe it,  this is the biggest buck I have ever shot.  I was so excited I just about peed!!

We look up and here come the kids across the field,  they walked 700 yards across plowed fields to get there, (they could have brought the truck).  It turn out to be a great morning,  especially after not wanting to get out of bed!

The night before I let a 7 point walk right by me hoping it would make it to our son,  and well it did,  and so he was able to get his first buck ever,  talk about excitement,  this kid was pumped!

Well here are a couple pics of my deer, and one of Terry and Easton, oh and yeah Terry is going to mount it for me.

Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

TritonTR20

Funny how things turn out....great job

Langer

Nice Job, thats one helluva long shot!!
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

spinninbug

Yeah I missed one at 80 yards,  I told hubby I just couldn't shoot em that close....LOL
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

TritonTR20

When I was up at Hamlin this year we saw 50-60 dear each morning just going the mile from the campground to the ramp. Lots to pick from up there for you. You are lucky to live in such a great area, keep the kids interested in the outdoors!

spinninbug

We are lucky,  and we are keeping the kids interested,  what's the saying take a kid hunting so you don't have to hunt for your kid.  We take them fishing and hunting both,  all our kids enjoy the outdoors. 
Wendy

Firefighter Jeff

Nice job Wendy  !!!!  Congrats to all the family hunters.  I'm guessing venison might be on the menu a few times this winter???  lolol  Have you killed all you can take yet???  "Keep em off the roads"  lolol

spinninbug

I'm trying to keep as many as I can off the roads,  for those that don't know this,  Jeff and I have both totally destroyed our vehicles with deer, so this is kind of a joke with us.  Anyway we still have a few doe permits and both the boys still have buck tags,  so we are still hunting and trying to get some more.

We have given most of the deer we have taken to needy families in our area,  we really don't need it but there are families out there that need it so we have been doing that,  it's something we do every year.   I wish I could do more for these families but every little bit helps.
Wendy

Firefighter Jeff

That's awefully nice of you to donate the deer to those families!!!  You and Terry are good people!!  :)

spinninbug

We try,  just wish we could do more.
Wendy

djkimmel

Congratulations Wendy. I never got a deer when I still hunted (buck fever :D)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.