email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christian Anglers Tournament  (Read 2395 times)

Revtro

• Legend
  • I'm not an addict, I can quit anytime!
  • View Gallery
    • Refuge Community Church
Christian Anglers Tournament
« on: September 16, 2008, 12:16:20 PM »

Hey all,
I'm not sure if there will be much interest, but I'm considering putting together a spring tournament for Christian Anglers.  The purpose would be to allow Christian Anglers to get together for a time of fellowship.  Outreach is important of course, but that's not what this event would be for.  It's important for people of like faith to get together to encourage each other and share what they have in common.  That would be the main purpose.

If we did this, it would be open to family members of course with guidelines similar to the DK Open as far as board members go.  But I'm also thinking of opening it up to those who participate on another Christian Angler board.  Still unsure. 

I'm considering a format which would include a pre-tournament meeting at a church.  It would include a meal.  Not sure if we should do a team format or a draw.  It would be 100% payback of course.  If we did it during the early spring on St. Clair, it would easy to catch fish and hopefully everyone would do fairly well.  Then we could have a BBQ at Metro Beach afterward. 

This would be a decidedly Christian event, so there will be talk about God, maybe even a little worship at the pre-tourney meeting, etc.  So people who don't consider themselves Christians but want to come just to compete for the $$ may not feel comfortable.  In fact, maybe the $$ should be low to avoid people just coming to compete for the bucks. 

Any interest in an event like this?  Just fact-finding.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 01:54:02 PM by Revtro »
Tom  <><

Refuge Community Church
www.refugechurchwarren.com

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com

motocross269

Re: Christian Anglers Tournament
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 02:56:27 PM »

Maybe it should be a charity event..With all profits going to a charity and some really cool prizes to the winners (Donated).......Just a thought??

Revtro

• Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 03:04:47 PM »

I like it.
Tom  <><

Refuge Community Church

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »

I'll keep an eye on this to see what you are coming up with. I'd say keep the money low too to keep the focus away from that. I like the charity angle as another possibility to clarify the focus.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

SethV

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Chevy Trucks Rule!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:39:54 PM »

Back in Oklahoma I fished some of the FOCAS tournaments.  Similar to the FOM events here in Michigan.  I wonder if the FOM guys would want to run an open or something - might be good to have their help.

Sounds like a good idea!

Seth

Revtro

• Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 12:24:35 PM »

Yeah, I would definitely want to invite them to participate since many of them participate here on this board.  I think it could be a lot of fun and encouraging.  It's always good to get like-minded anglers together.  Perhaps some guys can come up with a good charity that we can raise money for.  Crossroads for Youth perhaps?  Many of us already support them at the annual fishing event Anthony Adams coordinates. 
Tom  <><

Refuge Community Church

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge