Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:29:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Tuesdays Belleville Lake Bass Club

Started by LAPORTE, August 20, 2008, 11:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAPORTE

A big congrats out to Lightningboy & Son. First place on last night's tourney with 4 fish for 5.77lbs for 270 dollars. It was a nice follow up to their first place on Saturdays Fishers of Men. I think it's quite a task on Belleville. It has been tough fishing. Not many limits coming in this time of year. Big Bass was 170 dollars (3.24lbs) 25 boats overall I don't remember seeing a limit come in but I could be mistaken.

This is a very competive 4 hour tourney with 100% payback with some moneys held back for the classic. When you fish 10 weeks you qualify for the no-entry 8 hour classic tourney.
Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

McCarter

Way to go Ken!

Ken recently became a Nemesis Baits customer.  He sent me an email the other day telling me he had won the FOM tournament on the Detroit River using the baits we sent him. 

I wonder if he used the leftovers on Belleville?  That would be cool.  EIther way, like Laporte said, a win out there using anything less than dynamite is something to be very proud of.

I fished a few of these events a few years back and it was very tough.  A couple of my friends still fish them and from what I am hearing, it hasnt gotten any easier.

Congrats again Ken.

McCarter himself :-\'

Lightningboy

Thanks guys, Mike & I really appreciate it.  Belleville is tougher than I've seen it in years.  All we do is try to scrape out some fish each night and hope for the best.   ;)  We're both waiting for the temps to drop so the fast bite turns on; I'm dying to throw the jerk baits.

I've gotta say that we wouldn't have done well at the Detroit river if it weren't for my son Mike.  He put up about 19+ in practice from the back of the boat.  All the fish wanted the bait tight to bottom and dragging slow.  We wouldn't have had any idea of the quality of fish we were on if it weren't for him.  Tournament day they were on the drop shot, and the Nemesis goby was the best bait on board.  I tried poor boys and gulp too, but always came back to the Nemesis goby.  I'm pretty impressed, it's a soft bait that is pretty durable too.  I think I averaged 3+ fish per bait.

I haven't thrown the Nemesis goby at Belleville yet.  But looking at that 3 incher has me dreaming of shad colors; may need a custom to cover that one.

It's good to get back to cashing a check; July was pretty tough on us.  I only hope we can stand up to the stiff competition we're gonna see in both trails before the season ends.

Thanks, Ken & Mike.

Skulley

Four fish almost 6lbs for first place.  Then big fish is 3.24lbs.  Sounds like Belleville is back to its old ways.  It was always said that ONE big fish will get you in the money there...........How many places did it pay down and what was the weight for "one out of the money" prize????  My guess is it paid down 5 places with 25 boats or one place for every five.  Belleville used to have the one out of the money prize which was usually oil or some kind of bait.  Yeah, Belleville is back to its old ways...........

BD              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com