email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Meeting With "BASS Fisherman 1"  (Read 2095 times)

carolina chip

A Meeting With "BASS Fisherman 1"
« on: February 20, 2006, 08:53:56 PM »

I had the opportunity to meet President Bush. I constructed the semiconductor plant he visited today. Afterwards, we were invited to a greeting line as he made it back to his limo.

My comments to the President on the video were something like this:

"It was a pleasure meeting you President Bush. I want you to know that...... (my personal comments to him on his presidency)....but I also want you to know that you are my favorite bass fisherman and thanks for taking the time to do the OLN show with Roland Martin. I enjoyed your fishing and remarks on bass conservation"

The President then responded that I should meet him for a day on the water! I told him "Anytime, I would be happy!"  It was a nice remark, though I doubt I will ever cast a lure with the President.

WAY TO COOL OF A DAY!!!

Chip

Click On Link: 

Here is the Video:

http://carolinachip.home.comcast.net/chip.wmv

Cheetam

• Don't hate me 'cuz I'm beautiful
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • My Custom-Painted Crankbait Gallery
Re: A Meeting With "BASS Fisherman 1"
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 09:40:40 PM »

That's too cool Chip...you didn't hook him up with some custom cranks did you?
Jeff

blakstr1

• TEAM BASS
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Blake's Excellent Adventures!
  • View Gallery
    • Team BASS
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 07:26:04 AM »

i wouldn't let GW forget about it, get right on it and try to schedule some fishing, of course with security you might be flippin off the front deck of an aircraft carrier at an undisclosable location!? 8)

Very Cool...man you have had a big week, meeting all the folks you did!!   CHIPS AHOY!!  :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:12:35 AM by blakstr1 »

Bronzeback5LBER

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 04:29:55 PM »

That really is cool,it would be so great to shake the presidents hand,not to mention talk to him(I would not know what to say,I would be in awe,I might be able to get Hi! out).It would not surprise me that he would take the time to fish with you,if he was reminded.
I ain't as good as I once was, but I was good once as I ever was

MadWags

• Life is too short. Go fishing.
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Dan and I go back a little ways.
  • View Gallery
    • MadWags Website
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 08:11:26 AM »

Way to go!
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 12:35:09 PM »

Wow! - great video - sure tops the letter I once got from George (Sr.) that appeared to be signed in ink - it looked like his actual signature even (it just said 'George' but I apparently lost the letter somewhere along the way of moving and 'filing' with all my conservation letters). He didn't say anything about going fishing...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

Roy Randolph

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 10:16:53 PM »

That's outstanding!

Send him a letter ask him to fly in to selfridge and you'll pick him up there and do the catch and release season He hears about all the smallies he will be in and he can plug the new season and use it as a political/media op

Make sure you got the tourny shirt on and get some national coverage!
Help a handicapped angler live his dream!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge