email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Easter!!!  (Read 1770 times)

UAWBigDog

Happy Easter!!!
« on: March 23, 2008, 11:24:44 AM »

For those of you that are celebrating Easter today, I would like to wish you all Happy Easter.  For those of you that are Orthodox such as myself, we don't celebrate Easter until April 27.  I am lucky enough to be able to celebrate both as my wife is Catholic.  So I celebrate today for her and the kids and April 27th for myself.  If anyone is interested why they are different I will explain.

According to the Church of St. Peter (Orthodox Church), Easter is celebrated on the first Sunday of the full moon after the feast of the Passover.  This year it falls on April 27, 2008.  If you remember, the Last Supper took place as the feast of the Passover.  Jesus and his disciples were celebrating the Passover. 

BD            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Revtro

• Legend
  • I'm not an addict, I can quit anytime!
  • View Gallery
    • Refuge Community Church
Re: Happy Easter!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 08:59:06 PM »

Happy Easter!
Tom  <><

Refuge Community Church
www.refugechurchwarren.com

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com

Wolf_fisherman

• We are not here for a long time we are here for a good time!
  • Big Fish
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 09:08:00 PM »

To all fellow bassers and their familiys happy easter
Carpe Diem

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 10:58:18 PM »

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

bigjc

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 11:46:16 PM »

BIGDOG,

That is interesting, I didn't know that, and happy Easter to you all.  One thing that is common to all (well most) Christian religions is the fact that Easter is probably the most significant day that we celebrate, because without the Resurrection, there could be no Salvation.

Praise God for his Grace and Mercy, and for his perfect plan of Salvation, through Jesus!!!!

God really is an Awsome God!!!!!

JC

UAWBigDog

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 09:45:02 AM »

The bottomline here bigjc is that we all believe that Jesus died on the cross to forgive us of all our sins.  As I said, I am fortunate to be able to celebrate His Resurrection twice this year.  Sometimes Easter falls on the same day and sometimes it is weeks apart like this year.  I remember when Orthodox Easter fell as late as the middle of May.  It all is dependant on the Passover feast and when it falls in conjunction with the periods full moon.  So full moons aren't just important to us bass fisherman for increasing our percentages in our catch.  It is important for Christ's arrival in Judea on Palm Sunday and when He and His Disciples celebrated the Passover (Last Supper).

Again Happy Easter.  In the Greek language we say "Christos Anesti" which means "Christ Has Risen!!!!"  We also dye our eggs only one color.  Red.  Red signifies that Christ died and in three days He rose.  God Bless all of you here on Greatlakesbass.com!!!!  May the Lord keep you and protect you for all the rest of your days. 

BD             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge