Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:31:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Welcome Wonderland Marine West and Rob Bakeman - GLBass.com Sponsor

Started by djkimmel, February 14, 2006, 10:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Pretty excited! I want to give a BIG welcome to Wonderland Marine West and boat salesman Rob Bakeman - the first OFFICIAL GreatLakesBass.com sponsor/advertiser.

All new and being developed as we go along, but Rob contacted me saying he was excited about all of your enthusiasm with the comradery and good fellowship shared saying he wanted to be involved and help support the forum and web site - to be a part of the fun here.

So it's OFFICIAL now. Thanks Rob Bakeman and Wonderland Marine West. Rob and Wonderland also helped out during the bass season - much appreciated there too!

If you are looking for a boat, motor or service, please consider Wonderland Marine West and give Rob a call. You can pm or email him from here too if you have questions, but I'll leave the specifics up to Rob.

Buy what works best for you from where you need to - all I ask is that you remember the companies and people that help keep the web site running and growing when you are looking and give them consideration. Thanks to all of you and THANKS Rob Bakeman and Wonderland Marine West.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

yukonjack2

Welcome aboard Rob - looking forward to meeting you as the season approaches.  I'm sure I 'll need something.
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Skulley

Great to have you aboard Rob.  I will be bringing my Minn Kota Trolling Motor in for a little warranty work in the next week or so.

BD      ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

So I can continue to add to and improve the web site, and grow as we get more participation and need more services, I've added the opportunity to be a sponsor/advertiser on the web site. You may see banners and buttons from these important business persons, such as Wonderland Marine West, as we go along if more choose to help out and participate with us. These are separate from my personal fishing sponsors who I will also promote and highlight throughout the web site since they are so important to my fishing too. The distinction being support for my fishing verses support for this web site and its functions - services and availability for all of us.

Sometimes the lines will blur - part of my personal deal with them already includes promoting them as well as I can everywhere I can. I try to be clear to you, to my sponsors and to any GLBass.com sponsors up front so there's hopefully no suprises.

Depending on the arrangement web site sponsor/advertisers are interested in, you may just see their ads on parts of the web site, or if they want, they can get the right to have their company banner in their forum signature and are allowed to promote their business throughout the forum. That is what Rob and Wonderland wanted so you will see these banners and contact information along with posts at times talking about things Rob and Wonderland think you may be interested in hearing about.

So much of having a growing web site and services on the Internet involves purchasing more complex web hosting/services and sometimes software, and then taking the time to set it up (or pay someone else to do it), so advertising sponsors are an important part of being able to do all this. That is one reason I have some of the rules and recently updated them - to smooth this process out and make it clear what promotional opportunities are only available to persons/companies interested in helping out and being involved.

As always - no obligation to any of you, but you may see helpful information, products or services too. Just thanks again for being great members and I hope I can keep growing the site so you all want to stay and be a part of it. And some of you hopefully also get increased opportunities to be seen and heard. Not all of us want to work towards a larger presence and/or job in the outdoor industry, but some of us do. I hope this web site helps a little.

Anyone who has questions about what is allowed to members verses web sponsors verses my sponsors just has to send me a pm or an email, or call me in the evening at 517-882-8902 and we'll work it out. So far, I can't be happier for the great friendship, helpfulness and participation by everyone here. I can't say THANKS enough.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

DennisB.

Roy Randolph

Help a handicapped angler live his dream!

robtheboatman

Thanks for letting me be one of the sponsors of this forum.  In my opinion, I believe this is going to be the premier web site for fishing in our area.   I look forward to supporting the fishing community in any way I can.  If anybody has any problems or questions please feel free to give me a call, or e-mail.  I Will do my best to help you, or get you pointed in the right direction.  I do sell Stratos, Ranger, and Lowe fishing boats, along with Yamaha, Evinrude, and Mercury.  I have sold bass boats for over 5 years, and have fished bass tournaments for the last 7 years.  This is my passion, and I look forward to meeting, and working with everyone in the future.  Please stop, and introduce yourself if you are at one of the upcoming shows. 
Thanks Again
Rob Bakeman
Wonderland Marine
800-226-3050 or cell 248-425-2068
rjbakeman@hotmail.com

stackenem

Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

fiker

Welcome to the site.  THis is a site composed of a great bunch of guys.
So great, I even let them place ahead of me in the DK open last fall.   
lol

IMO this already is the best site  around.
The guys here are friendly, and share adivce willingly.
For a guy like me just trying to learn, not necessarily trying to compete in torneys...
This is way better than some other forums I"ve belonged to.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390