Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:09:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

So who is getting the new Minn Kota Ulterra

Started by dartag, February 10, 2017, 11:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

Watching Bass Live and looking at photos the new Ulterra must be the TM to have.   I know they are pros and probably get them real cheap or free.   Since I can't afford one not sure I will even uncover my boat this summer.   

karol

yea what if people see you without it? how can you ever face your friends again?life is hard some times ;D

Jmcfarland

Want one. Coming up with $2500 for one is the only thing stopping me. Like powerpoles- can catch plenty of fish without it just makes it easier to focus on fishing and not boat control. Looks a lot like bed fishing with the poles down but in 10 to 10000 fow with only the trolling motor down and spot lock. Also with the auto pilot and electronics stuff you can tell your TM to stay on a contour or so many feet away from a certain depth. Just simplifies the process so much in certain situations and allows you to focus all your energy on fishing. Just using spot lock to keep from blowing down the lake when retying,culling,lure changes, etc. would be a huge time saver and keep you on a school of fish when there biting. Like I said I want one. Not sure how much it would be for all the graphs,i-pilot links and the motor but I would imagine you could buy a decent used boat for the same price. Single and good job but the prices you can spend on accessories alone is crazy these days. Need a sugar momma ;)

Manxfishing

I bought one in November
My TM took a dump so I was in the market for a new one

I've had a Tervova on the last boat and loved it
This one will just be a little sweetier

dartag

2 weeks will tell the real story when the Elites are on Lake Okeechobee.   That thick grass will give them a workout.  Maybe mom will let me spend my first Social Security Check when I get it in April on one.   

Hollada

Ultrex or Ulterra?  I've seen a bunch with an Ultrex, maybe I haven't noticed the Ulterra's?
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Hollada

BTW - you can play with mine on st Clair this spring.
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

dartag

Quote from: Hollada on February 11, 2017, 10:51:54 PM
Ultrex or Ulterra?  I've seen a bunch with an Ultrex, maybe I haven't noticed the Ulterra's?

Yep that's it Ultrex.   

Frank

id like to see a division with a cap on price of all this junk.  hard to get new anglers when they think they need to spend 20k on electronics

dartag

Quote from: Frank on February 13, 2017, 11:15:43 PM
id like to see a division with a cap on price of all this junk.  hard to get new anglers when they think they need to spend 20k on electronics

Would like to see it but doubt it will ever happen.   Look at Golf.  If you don't have the latest Titanium Zircon Encrusted Driver or Super Ball that the top pros are using your no good.

The high school and collage anglers should be fishing out of small boats with a flasher depth finder. I volunteered my boat if a high school student wanted to fish but they will probably be disappointed with a 2002 boat, 150 hp and no power poles.   

LAPORTE

I want one... but we will have to see how much they come down in price after a year or so...
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

fishstick

I will have one on my boat, I'll give a report on how it does in the grass this summer. I'll definitely use the spot lock bass fishing, but I am really excited about having it for salmon jigging.

thedude

i'll give 'em a couple seasons to get the kinks worked out - just like the fortrex.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

LAPORTE

Quote from: thedude on February 14, 2017, 03:07:52 PM
i'll give 'em a couple seasons to get the kinks worked out - just like the fortrex.

x2

Jmcfarland

It would be nice for prices to come down on some of this stuff no doubt!!!

dartag

Quote from: Jmcfarland on February 15, 2017, 06:53:57 AM

Doubt it will happen unless they come out with a better model.  The one concern I have with my current Max.  I have extra cables, control circuit board and wiring.  Plus a non operational motor for hardware parts.   With this new motor you have a lot more parts that are probably very expensive.   We fished a tournament with my buddies boat.  It had the new Ultera.  The last day it would not power up and deploy the motor.  We were dead at the ramp. 

LAPORTE

Quote from: dartag on February 15, 2017, 08:01:39 AM

Doubt it will happen unless they come out with a better model.  The one concern I have with my current Max.  I have extra cables, control circuit board and wiring.  Plus a non operational motor for hardware parts.   With this new motor you have a lot more parts that are probably very expensive.   We fished a tournament with my buddies boat.  It had the new Ultera.  The last day it would not power up and deploy the motor.  We were dead at the ramp. 

Way to go just crush everyones dreams... thanks Steve

dartag

Quote from: LAPORTE on February 15, 2017, 12:16:44 PM
Quote from: dartag on February 15, 2017, 08:01:39 AM

Way to go just crush everyones dreams... thanks Steve

Us old people do that.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.