email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I should be on St. Clair in the morning, wish me luck!  (Read 985 times)

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
I should be on St. Clair in the morning, wish me luck!
« on: September 08, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »

Got my spybaits and some other good stuff ready to go. Barring any unforeseen surprises I should be haunting the big lake tomorrow all day for some big smallies!!! Oh heck, I'll take smaller smallies too.

Don't know where we are fishing yet but I'm going with Captain (guide) Mike McGrane for the day. Haven't fished with him in several years since a MadWags we drew out together in the spring. Looking forward to some sunburn and some big thumping bites with a light, variable wind on the side! :)

Wish me luck please, and thank you!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

WishingIwasfishing

Re: I should be on St. Clair in the morning, wish me luck!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 10:25:38 PM »

Got my spybaits and some other good stuff ready to go. Barring any unforeseen surprises I should be haunting the big lake tomorrow all day for some big smallies!!! Oh heck, I'll take smaller smallies too.

Don't know where we are fishing yet but I'm going with Captain (guide) Mike McGrane for the day. Haven't fished with him in several years since a MadWags we drew out together in the spring. Looking forward to some sunburn and some big thumping bites with a light, variable wind on the side! :)

Wish me luck please, and thank you!

Good Luck!!!  I am trying for an afternoon trip, I will be fishing the south shore.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Re: I should be on St. Clair in the morning, wish me luck!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 01:13:20 PM »

We fished out in the middle of the lake a lot and never got on a biting school of bass. It was fun as always but I only landed 3 bass I think. One was a really nice spybait bass early. I also caught a pike in the middle of the lake and lost a huge fish that never came up off the bottom on a tube on spinning tackle. I'm thinking it was a muskie.

I also broke my hook on a nice fish that I hooked deep on a drop shot. It felt like either a bass or a big sheepshead but I must have put too pressure on the light wire hook with my braided line because the hook just snapped in half though I don't recall bending or weakening the hook previously??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge