Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:54:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Best boat ramp to use for MadWags at Lakes Cadillac and Mitchell

Started by djkimmel, May 08, 2016, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Now that I've arbitrarily picked a date and place for the fall 2016 MadWags West tournament I need to know which boat ramp to pick from the 5 available. 1 appears obviously too small, but I've never been to Lakes Cadillac and Mitchell so I only have stories and guessing to do on. I see some of the tournaments go out of Kenwood Park and some go out of two(??) ramps in Mitchell State Park with only 1 going out of the Cadillac City Ramp.

You anglers that have been up, which to you recommend as the best choice, and why? I'm wondering if the city ramp and local park have any rules or limitations I would have to find out about, or if there's anything to know about using the State Park boat ramps for a bass tournament?

Help me pick the best ramp so I can get the event on the MFTIS calendar. Thanks!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TheFishinPollock

Not going to my home lake again????  Don't tell me you guys are skerred to fish against me there?
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on May 08, 2016, 09:01:00 PM
Not going to my home lake again????  Don't tell me you guys are skerred to fish against me there?

And how many of the MadWags Fall events have you won ??????  Bwahahahahaha

TheFishinPollock

none, but i beat you in both so far LOL
  told ya we will ahve to do a mullett scott martin challenge this fall jeff lol
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on May 10, 2016, 12:23:44 AM
none, but i beat you in both so far LOL
  told ya we will ahve to do a mullett scott martin challenge this fall jeff lol

Hmmmm you're memory is getting bad Matt !!!!  You beat me and The Dude in 2012 but looky what I found.  Hmmmmm

BOATERS        NONBOATERS       # BASS        TOTAL WEIGHT     BIG BASS       PLACE

LGMOUTH      KHefner                     5                  16.61                 4.65*            1st

Cy               Firefigher Jeff               2                   7.06                  4.49             2nd

Genie       djkimmel/thedude            1                   4.29                  4.29             3rd

TheFishinPollock     Mom                  2                   3.59                  0.00             4th

Waterfoul          fasttrack                 1                   2.80                  2.80             5th

tjrock       BadBassFisherman           1                   2.11                  2.11             6th

stackenem        Head                      1                   1.64                  1.64              7th

mikesmiph    girlscanfish2/jpoirier    0                                                                8th

mikeszr800     mikesxf7                  0                                                                8th

bassfan586      deepdiver                0                                                                8th

21XDC

Trust me, Matt is no threat.  ;)  I fished his home waters and we fished all his good spots and caught nothing, nada, zero.... Then I took him to what I thought would have fish and I never been there before... Bada bing, bada boom...  I caught a good amount of nice smallies including what Matt called a 5lb er... Probably 4lbs LOL... Matt still caught nothing.  :-* :P

We did have a good time... But I wouldn't worry about Matt or his bad memory Jeff.  ;D
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

TheFishinPollock

I shall tedeam myself this year Jeff.
Mike. You fished some of my spots without me. That's why ya didn't catch um lol.  The other spots I used your bait. I think ya Herbie jeebed it up before ya gave it to me lol
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

djkimmel

Well thanks for all the chatter but no idea about what ramps to use ;D !?!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TheFishinPollock

Shoot Tackle that a message or a call. He lives on one of them .
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Firefighter Jeff

Sorry about not having any information on the launches Dan, but I have never fished there.  We did run up the posts a little.  LOLOLOL 

Thanks for the assist Mike !!!  Of course I HAD to respond back to Matt !!!!  He started it !!!  LMAOOOOOO  We could do a side bet Matt but I've never been on those lakes.

TheFishinPollock

1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

cameraguy

State Park ramp is good. Plus, no fee if you have "Passport" license plate, which you all have, right?

Pic shows ramp and channel between lakes.

TackleThis!

Hi from Ed & Deb in Cadillac!  The State Park is fine, Kenwood Park or the City launch on the corner of Lake Street & Chestnut have the most parking.  Other questions, let us know. See ya in October.

djkimmel

I don't think we'll need a lot of parking. Though people could surprise me!?! I think I'll go with the State Park ramp for now. Thanks for the info and help.

Waterfoul

I'd use the Kenwood ramp Dan.  The parking at the state park is actually a bit limited in comparison.  If there are 6 or 8 locals fishing or boating that day, you might find it a little tight.  Kenwood is way bigger.  The city ramp is decent, but in my opinion harder to find for people who haven't been there before.

BUT, if the weather isn't great, the state park does offer a covered spot to do weigh in.

Still looking at trying to make this one.

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

I would think there should be less people boating on October 8th but then I don't know the area very well.

Is there a cost to use Kenwood? Do I have register with someone ahead of time? Do you know the local rules there? Thanks.

TackleThis!

No cost, no need to register, just leave it like you found it.

djkimmel

Kenwood isn't very far from the canal to Lake Mitchell for those who want to fish that lake. It looks like a nice ramp. As long as it is free and no surprises to using it for an event I'll choose that one because there isn't much parking at Mitchell State Park.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: cameraguy on May 13, 2016, 07:45:12 AM
State Park ramp is good. Plus, no fee if you have "Passport" license plate, which you all have, right?

Pic shows ramp and channel between lakes.

I have a state park season pass Guy.  Only problem is the CO at Crocker didn't see it on the CORRECT side of my windshield and put a violation envelope on my truck.  I had to go back in person my next trip and get it taken care of!!  Grrrrrrr

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: TackleThis! on May 13, 2016, 06:40:18 PM
Hi from Ed & Deb in Cadillac!  The State Park is fine, Kenwood Park or the City launch on the corner of Lake Street & Chestnut have the most parking.  Other questions, let us know. See ya in October.

Great..... the ringers are fishing again !!!  LOLOLOL  Hahahaha  Just Kiding !!!  Looking forward to seeing you and that beautiful BIG boat.