Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:43:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

St Clair Adventure Today

Started by dartag, April 19, 2016, 08:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

Had a great day at the lake today.  Got on the water at first light.  There were 2 other trucks at Crocker when we launched.  We were met by a fresh north wind.  Waves were rolling down the shore pretty good.  Headed south to some waypoints near Memorial Parl.  Got into fish right away.  5-7 feet seemed to be the magic depth.  About all we could do is drift with the waves and cast ahead. Caught fish all day.   Ended up weighing 3 over 5 pounds.  All the fish I caught were on Bladed Baits.  Partner did good with crank baits.  Water was 53 degrees and murky. 

If you go out there please take care of the fish. Not sure if it was the big weekend of fishing but.  We saw quite a few dead floaters that were fresh caught.  Still had good color. 

Also Crocker Launch is a mess.  They center ramp is the only one that is clean.  We pulled in to the northern most ramp and I got stuck in mud.  The southern 2 ramps are blocked with mud.  It is ugly there. 

21XDC

I have seen more fish die from guys fishing tubes or this style of fishing. When the fish are soft biters and choke the bait down before the bite is detected. One reason I don't like tube fishing.  :'(
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

dartag

I agree Mike.  I had quite a few that had the blade way down.  Had to take extra care to unhook and get them right back in the water.

huston

Waterfoul

We didn't have a single deep throat hooked fish all day Monday.  Fished cranks, darters, drop shot, and grubs most of the day.  I'm always glad when we can fish all day and release every fish with confidence that it will live to be caught another day.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Revtro

I try to carry a good pair of (for lack of a better word) nippers to clip off the barb and back the hook out with minimal damage if it gets way down in there.  The one I used to have was called a D-Barb or something to that affect.  I've seen way too many people get a deep hooked fish and get lazy and just cut the line and leave the hook in when it could have been safely removed.  Conversely, sometimes it would be better to leave the hook in instead of trying to rip it out and kill the fish.  Every situation is different, but I just hate seeing guys killing fish unnecessarily.  I totally agree...we gotta take care of these fish, especially during the spawn.  This thread was a good reminder to me that I need to go buy a new pair of nippers for my next outing. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

21XDC

Please post a link for these type "Nippers" I have some that I don't like and will replace them.
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Team houston

If you google it you can find them.

Revtro

I'm starting to wonder if D-Barb is still in business.  Their website doesn't seem to be up and running anymore.  But here's a link so you can see what they look like.  I'm planning to stop at Home Depot and look around for something similar today.

http://www.anglergear.net/save-the-day-with-the-d-barb/
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Revtro

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Firefighter Jeff

I think we all need to post pictures of our boats.  Preferably on the water with us in them.  LOLOL    I was on St. Clair Mon-Wed and was probably fishing right by some of you.

Revtro

You know, that's a great idea.  Maybe we should start a new topic called ME AND MY RIG.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Sounds like a soap opera. The Days of our Rigs... ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on April 21, 2016, 11:45:22 PM
  I think we all need to post pictures of our boats.  Preferably on the water with us in them.  LOLOL    I was on St. Clair Mon-Wed and was probably fishing right by some of you.

Well, did anybody see this rig with me fishing alone??

TheFishinPollock

Maybe they did, but ya know. Didn't want to interrupt your,  fishing................ ;D
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

TheFishinPollock

Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc