Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:53:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Federation Question?

Started by Bulletproof, February 07, 2006, 02:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulletproof

Could somebody please explain to me how someone would potentially make it to the Classic from the Mi bass federation?

Thanks my ignorance here is a little embarrassing. :-[
I am haunted by waters.

blakstr1

Each year we have the state championship tournament.  The top 12 anglers (and 1 alt, & pres. if needed) advance to a divisional tournament which is out of state.  The top angler from each state at the divisional tournament then fishes in a Federation Championship, which was held this past January on the Harris Chain in Florida.  This tournament is split into 6 regions..north, south, west...etc..  the top angler from each region earns a birth to the Bassmaster Classic. 

These tournaments are pretty spread out for instance, last years state fish-off qualifiers will fish in a divisional this summer (usually August or Sept. I think) then the Federation Championship will be the following January for the Classic which is in late February.  Start to finish you're potentially talking 17 to 18 months.

(If somebody sees something I miss or that is inaccurate, please chime in...)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

joshimoto son

It took me two years to remember how it all goes down.
It's possibly all going to change next year.

Then we'll get to learn something new.

Bulletproof

Thanks Blake-- do you have to qualify for the state chamiponship tournament?
I am haunted by waters.

blakstr1

yes the state is a club level qualified tournament, each club handles this independently per their liking.  Team Bass qualifies guys the year before, so for this years upcoming state fish-off, the top 8 anglers from the 2005 standings advance to the championship.  Club membership dictates how many anglers from each club can participate.  Usually we have anglers that can't go so we decend down the list until we assemble an 8 man field.  4 boaters and 4 non-boaters.

hope that helps... ;)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Bulletproof

So it sounds like i'm gonna have to be a member after all. ;D
I am haunted by waters.

Savage

Unless you want to watch from shore....... ;D

It's pretty cool that when you enter the State Championship, you are only 3 good fishing days away from the Classic!  I've been there to watch and there is nothing to compare to it.  Plus, being in a club with a bunch of like minded galloots has it's rewards, too. :D
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

blakstr1

not exactly 3 good days of fishing, both the divisionals and Federation Championships are multi day tournaments....
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Dan

You don't really have to qualify for the state tournament. I know of paper clubs who sign up just to fish the state championship. Eight guys pay for 15 people and those eight fish. Don't believe there are any regs that say your club has to qualify state fish off anglers. I know it's done and I don't believe it breaks any existing rules to do that.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Bulletproof

So let's say I'm not a member of any BASS affilated club.  I fish all federation tournies this year-Muskegon, Bay, St.Clair, so forth.....  I do well and finish in the top 5 for points.  Does this qualify me for anything? Or would I still need to be in a club?

Sorry.
I am haunted by waters.

blakstr1

yeah you still need to be in a club, the classic series won't get you to the state fish-off..its a seperate deal.  As Dan said you can go with a paper club too..(i forgot about that), its a legitimate way to make it to the state fish off.  You have to be a federation member to fish the championship.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com