email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ram mounts for my 899 and 859  (Read 2506 times)

Dan

Ram mounts for my 899 and 859
« on: July 13, 2015, 11:19:57 PM »

Anyone have any favorite ram mounts that I should consider now that I have my 899 and 859 hummingbirds. Still in the box ready to go on the boat.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

MSURoss

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • www.rossparsonsfishing.com
  • View Gallery
    • Ross Parsons Fishing
Re: Ram mounts for my 899 and 859
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 12:29:34 AM »

I really like my balzout mounts. No slip or movement.

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Lola says " lets go fishing "
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 06:03:39 AM »

I have the RAM-D-111U-C on my Ranger.  Just fished 4 days on St Clair and it held position in all the rough water I went through. 

21XDC

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 08:31:07 PM »

Bigger is better.. I have big 2 1/4 inch ball mounts and like them a lot.

Watch video and listen to Ram mount suggestions for use.

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Dan

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 10:47:59 AM »

Thanks for all the advice with my questions concerning mounting my new Birds. The cost of installing them was quite a bit more than I anticipated, but they look good and were done right. Can't wait to get them on the water!!
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

sfw1960

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 03:53:48 PM »

Thanks for all the advice with my questions concerning mounting my new Birds. The cost of installing them was quite a bit more than I anticipated, but they look good and were done right. Can't wait to get them on the water!!

I know it's a bit late to your application (other mounting new may use them) - but you can always sell them and replace them like I have done on some...
The RAM 109's are pretty cheap and do very well - I have 2 of my 4 machines on them - 1199 and Helix 12DI GPS.
Bringer of the 'Bird
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge