Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:32:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Fish-n-Friends ----- I need your help to make this a sucess

Started by Anthony Adams, July 19, 2007, 06:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Adams

When - Aug 4th
Where - Cass Lake

Anyone who knows me knows that I always give back to the sport of fishing in any way I can. A few years ago I decided to make it my goal in life to introduce as many children as I could to the sport of fishing. I purposely sought out an organization that deals with underprivileged children. That is when I found the organization Crossroads for Youth. Crossroads for youth is a non-profit organization that deals with underprivileged and troubled teens. I spent many months talking to them and getting to know their organization before deciding that it was the exact group of kids I was looking for.

My goal is to use my fishing connections to introduce as many kids to fishing as I can and give those kids the tools they need to go fishing. I want to make sure each child takes home a rod, reel, tackle and tackle box, along with the knowledge on how to use it. I decided to get my fishing friends and sponsors involved. They all stepped up big time and Fish-n-Friends was born.

We had a great time this past year at the 2nd annual event organized by Anthony Adams and sponsored by Gander Mountain, Xtreme Bass Tackle, American Bass Anglers, K&E Stopper Lures, Gerry Gostenik, Fish Hedz, Red Dragon Tackle, Minnows & More, & KD Outdoors. We had a little more than 20 boats and took ~ More than 50 kids out fishing - some who had never fished before.

One of last year's participants had this to say about the event, "If you guys want to get involved in something 'real', this event is it.

The kids at the crossroads youth center were great last year. And the reward of seeing the excitement and anticipation on there faces will leave you with a buzz all day.

Fish-n-Friends is an all-volunteer group of Michigan bass anglers who care about the future of our youth. We believe a love of fishing and the outdoors can lead to more enjoyment of life and set positive examples for tomorrow?s youth.

If you would like to help us make this event a success, please contact

Anthony Adams

914 N State Rd

Davison Mi 48423

586-202-3594
aadams@americanbassanglers.com
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Anthony Adams

I need help this year with boaters and Sponsors if you know of anyone who would be interested please let me know.

This Year Sponsors so far include....

Gander Mtn - Donated a 502 C iGPS to our Raffle
Gerry Gostenik - Donated a Guided Trip to our raffle
Jon Bondy - Donated a Guided trip to our raffle
Musky Bob - Donated a guided trip to our raffle
Terry - With Lunch Money Lures
Extreme Bass Tackle is coming back.
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

cameraguy

This is really an outstanding, worthwhile event and would urge everybody to participate.  It's a great opportunity to let these young people experience something positive and fun.  I was there with my boat last year and had a great time. 

Anthony Adams

If you cant participate and would like to help you can stop buy Gander Mtn - Flint today July 20th and Sat.  Jaye will be there selling $5.00 raffle tickets and on the back of those raffle tickets is a 10$ off coupon at Gander Mtn. All proceeds go to buying the kids rod, reels, tackle, t-shirts, hats etc ...

Duke

For those of us who would like to help/participate but live hours away, what can we do?
Duke

Anthony Adams

Duke,

If your to far to come to the event and help you could always buy some of our raffle tickets. $5.00 each ... All proceeds go to this event.

If you would like to purchase Raffle tickets contact Jaye at jayes@charter.net   she is in charge of raffle tickets.

The top prizes in our raffle are ...

Gander Mtn - Donated a 502 C iGPS to our Raffle
Gerry Gostenik - Donated a Guided Trip to our raffle
Jon Bondy - Donated a Guided trip to our raffle
Musky Bob - Donated a guided trip to our raffle

Duke

Duke

djkimmel

Cass Lake - Dodge #4 State Park south side of Pontiac Michigan in Oakland County. We'll be at the boat ramp in the state park.

4250 Parkway Dr off of Cass Elizabeth Road.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=4250%20Parkway&city=Waterford&state=MI&zipcode=48328%2d4365&country=US&geodiff=1

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Attention Boaters: Be at Dodge #4 State Park around 7 AM. We want everyone in the water by 7:30 AM so when the kids get there before 8  AM we can do boat assignments and get fish close to 8 AM.

We start fishing when the park opens at 8 AM. Fish for about 4 hours ~12 noon.

Then we will have food and prizes for everyone in awards for the kids, and raffle prizes for the adults that buy tickets.

Please plan on being there that day. We need around 30 boats again and have lost 3 that we normally have already.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

csfishslayer

dan count me in .   Anthony Let me know if you want me to get worm like i did last year .
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

Slipkey

Anthony,
See my reply on your other post here.  PM me and let me know what works out best for you.

-Jon Clausen

ABA_Jaye

ABA_Jaye

Quote from: csfishslayer on July 24, 2007, 01:52:41 PM
dan count me in .   Anthony Let me know if you want me to get worm like i did last year .

Chris,

Yes bring worms again. I will let you know the exact count by Monday.

**Jaye

WayneC

Could you tell us about the format of the event?

One or two kids to a boat with the boater?
Is there a weigh-in?
Is it only bass or multi-species?
Will they be using the boater tackle (which is fine), or are there rods being given to them at the event?

WayneC

Never mind...I found it on the other posting but it would probably be good to add that to this thread too.  Thanks...Wayne

Anthony Adams

Wayne,

Through the help of sponsors we make sure every kid has a rod, reel and tackle. We provide the life jackets as well. Are goal is to provide at least one boat for every 2 kids. We ask that the boaters help the kids. There will be staff members from cross roads for youth helping out as well. The boaters do not have to provide tackle but some do and I encourage it....

Right now we have 18 boats and 45 kids confirmed (50 were invited) so 5 more may come.

I have enough rod & reels for 40 kids to take home...

Here is what I need .....

I always need tackle for the kids and I have had a few sponsors say they would donate tackle ..

Here is what I have so far in terms of tackle...

Lunch Money lures is donating 45 lure packs.
K&E has donated 25 Bass Stoppers, and 35 crappie rigs baits.
Me & Jaye donated 50 packages of Strike King Triple X Baits out of our private stash. I am also donating prizes for the boaters to take home.
Xtreme Bass Tackle is also donating tackle and prizes.
Minnows & More is donating the live worms
American Bass Anglers is donating some tackle as well.

I am in need of about 10 more rod and reel combos.
I need about 20 more life jackets.
I need tackle boxes, hooks, bobbers and sinkers.
I need hats for the kids to wear. (I am hoping Gander Mtn will donate)

The raffle has some cool prizes donated and I am hoping that I can raise enough funds to pay for the Pavilion, hot dogs, hamburgers, food, drinks, kids awards, t-shirts, and whatever else maybe needed.

Save Face donated a white mask and Bill McElroy is going to custom paint it.

There are more sponsors coming on board as we speak and I hope I did not miss anyone ...

Anthony Adams

For those of you who need directions here is the address.

Dodge #4 State Park, 4250 Parkway Drive , Waterford, MI, 48328,

I hope to see you there at 7:00 am