Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:04:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Wawasee

Started by Eric, July 18, 2007, 05:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

I will be fishing Wawasee for the first time this Sunday.  I will be representing Michigan for the BassFan Army Weekend Warrior Championship.  I have never been there before.  I will hopefully be practicing for awhile on Saturday.  Has anyone been there before that can give me some idea what to expect or some things to try?
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

karol

hey eric, lot of traffic on the lake, find the drop off's and flats and throw pumpkin charteuse tubes and senko's too. only supposed to be 72 for the high this weekend so shouldn't be too hot to fish..karol

JCOOPER

heres my advice..............................................

The lake sucks, stay home.

Sorry its really the best advice I can give on hte lake.
I am a pre bred mix between a ninja and a polar bear.  A truly deadly combination.

thedude

oh come on.. it doesn't suck. you guys are just spoiled getting to fish in michigan is all. Wawasee is probably one of the best lakes in Indiana, north of indy. :D :D :D
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

1javelin

Quote from: JCOOPER on July 18, 2007, 06:57:23 PM
heres my advice..............................................

The lake sucks, stay home.

Sorry its really the best advice I can give on hte lake.
Couldn't agree more.  Actually, didn't get to fish it much.  Maybe......
Live to fish, Fish to live.

REEL_MAN

It never ceases to amaze me ??? If you don't know how to fish a lake, it sucks. Wawasee is a very good lake, you just have to find the pattern, just like anyother lake. You have docks, flats, isolated weeds, weedy flats, it has it all. This time of year the early morning top water is outstanding and the dock bite turns on as the sun gets higher. The main problem you will have local boat traffic waves, so be careful.
Hey Heath do you think we should tell them about the RUFUS worm?

REEL_MAN

Eric

Great info.  Thanks guys.  Any particular flats areas or depths I should be looking for?  How about the docks, are there different areas that are different depths, or weed growth etc, I should look for.

Where are good places to stay down there, and get licenses, maps, etc.

Heath, I promise not to tell anyone, anything.
www.BassinWithEric.com

rufus

Eric,
I am sorry I did not see this until now. I was in "computer limbo" all summer and only got on long enough to check my email. So how did you do? I could have given you a lot of help (a lot of good that does now). Wawasee is a great lake, but it can be very stingy. Those fish have seen a lot of stuff. They are in their and I hope you found them.
God Bless

Eric

I took second.  The guy who won was a local who was fishing buzzbaits under docks.  I found a place the practice day that had a bunch of fish in front of the big building down the left (east?) hand shore when you come into Wawasee from Syracuse.  Big flat about 6-8 feet deep with scattered weeds.  Couldn't get anything during the tournament though, and ended up getting my fish drop shotting in Syracuse in the afternoon.
www.BassinWithEric.com

rufus

We call that big building the Cemenary and the big flat in front of it is aptly named the Cemenary Flat. It is always a very hot and cold area. I have cashed a lot of checks off of it. Syracuse is always a good bet and it is unbelievable how many tourneys are won off of it. I am glad you figured them out. I have always thought the Syracuse fish are tougher to catch, but when the 'see is off I would rather be on it. Again, nice job on your finish and God Bless!