Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:35:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Burt & Mullett October 2014

Started by TCook, February 05, 2015, 11:23:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCook

If your asking why I am making a report from last year now its because Im really bored and tired of this winter. Anyways every year I make a few trips to Indian River and this year I decided to go with my father and Mike one of my good buddies and tournament partner. Neither has ever been to these lakes, Mike is new to northern smallie fishing and my father has never really been fishing before. I have been trying to get him to go on a trip with me for years and he finally wanted to go with. The fishing was not nearly as good as last year but still produced 15-30 4-6 pounders a day. My goal for this trip was different from previous years in that I just wanted my father to catch em and have a good time. He started out about as bad as you can by not having a hookset at all, he missed his first 8 fish on that first day including a giant. Although as the three days we were there progressed he improved by the hour and figured alot of important parts out and finally developed a decent hookset. His previous personal best which came from shore was 4-15 and he beat that the first day with a 5-5 then again the second day with a 5-13 and once again the last day with a 6-6 which was the biggest on the trip. Mike's biggest was 5-15, not sure what mine was but my most interesting fish was an 18 1/4 incher that weighed 5-4. Now that's a fattie! This made for a very rewarding trip to say the least.

These photos are from an earlier trip in the month with your very own Jeff "guidemaster" Ragina. We also had a solid and always fun and adventurous trip. Think the biggest was a 6-1 I had.

FISH HARD!!!

Waterfoul

Wow those are some great fish.  Wish my first time out "real fishing" would have been a trip like that!  LOL!!  Your father is a lucky man.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

robhj

Great pics and it's doubtful you could ever match the trip you had the last time. We go up every October as well and ended up going on the two worst days weather-wise and fish-wise we have ever had. Fortunately we had some decent luck on a west MI lake the day before we got there. Thanks for sharing the pics, it's therapy to get me through the winter!

6 lb Smallmouth

Yeah this post is not helping my cabin fever.  Jeez- what pigs.  Nicely done gents. 
Formerly known as JerkBate

Nothing beats Great Lakes Smallmouth!

djkimmel

I've caught a few relatives of those really fat ones. There seems to be a gene pool of half football, half smallmouth bass in those lakes.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.