Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:05:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Detroit River Open Predictions

Started by Genie, June 20, 2007, 02:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squid

Good job guys...sorry the fish weren't there for ya.  I wish I could have gone out.  But did enjoy what I got to see.... :o...wont go there...lol.   

We still have not heard from boat 83 as of Sunday morning.  Their truck and trailer were still at the launch when we left....30-45 minutes after all the boats were in.  Hope everything was/is ok.  I left 2 messages on a voice mail.

If anyone knows Jay Andrews of Coldwater area or Paul Sica...please tell them to call NBAA to let them know they are ok.

JCOOPER

How many boats were there and how much to get a check?

My prediction was pretty close.  I called 22
I am a pre bred mix between a ninja and a polar bear.  A truly deadly combination.

McCarter

I think there was 105 boats.  Dartag was the last boat, which he drew 125, but i heard him say there was only 105.

Anyway, the cut off for a check was 17.62 lbs.  CastnBlast and I weighed in 16.72.  We had a great day, boating several cookie cutter 3.25 lbers but just couldnt connect with the bigger fish.  we kept it simple, fishing only 3 areas and beating them up pretty hard.  Skip had been on them gooooood prefishing, getting 20 - 22lbs each time out, but come tournament day, his fish had taken off.  LIke team MadWags, we fished very good.  I dont recall missing any fish.  At least nothing that would have helped us.  The tube bite later in the day was funny.  You really had to be patient with them to hook them.  They would follow the bait for a long time, giving little nips here and there, but you really had to wait until they had it, if you set the hook too early, they wouldnt come back for another.  We caught onto this quick and had some last minute heroics boating our biggest fish of the day and culling out another.

All in all, NBAA did a great job.  Wish i could say the same about the city volunteers.  they had us driving all over creation trying to get into the parking lot for weigh in.

Skipper, thanks for taking a poor white kid out fishing.

McCarter himself :-\'

squid

Here is what I posted on another site:

While you all were out enjoying yourselves...lol...I was looking over the boat numbers....We had numbers to 125 and had 104 boats show up.

I was thankfull to see the launch take off at 8am. Took 2 1/2 hours to get all the boats in the water in the morning.

I am sorry about the conjestion in the afternoon though. I did not know they had an open gate on the other side of the fence line. Had everyone used the same way to come back into the rampsite with the trailer.....all thing would have gone smoother. All in All...everyone did a great job of waiting for their directions and index cards. We only had 4 fish come in dead...so out of 104 boats...that is AWESOME!!!

I do hope they find a better launch site for next year...I would also like to fish it next year...lol.

Thanks to all of you for not complaining about the launch site problems...lol. That was the first time I have ever seen a fence in the middle of a parking area like that....lol. Cudo's to Detroit for opening up that back area for us all.

I do want to know if anyone ended up with a flat? That second parking place we all had to go to, didn't look to favorable for the tires...lol.

I had a very enjoyabable time with all of you, and hope to do it again sometime soon if not in the future.

squid

OK...I JUST GOT AHOLD of Jay Andrews(boat 83).  They ended up stuck on Erie with a dead battery.  Got a jump and got back to the ramp at 8pm that night.  He appoligized for not calling anyone back that night, or any night...lol.  But Jay and Paul are back and fine. 

JCOOPER

How many more days would ou let them float around before you sent help????

jk,  good job staying on top of that one.
I am a pre bred mix between a ninja and a polar bear.  A truly deadly combination.

squid

If they are on fish...why interrupt them....lol.  He told me they both left their phones in the truck.  On Erie.....how not smart is that? :-X