Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:23:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Detroit River Open Predictions

Started by Genie, June 20, 2007, 02:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genie

Ok - apparently the field is starting to grow and the buzz is out that this will be an AWESOME tournament.  I can't wait to donate my money to see some monster fish brought ot the scales.   :)

From what I can tell now, weather will be partly cloudy in AM and sunny in PM, 82/65 for temps, wind SE 5-10.  I'm sure that will change - this is Michigan after all.

What are some predictions on what it will take to win and which water way the winning sack will come from (St Clair River, St Clair, Detroit River, Erie, etc.)?

-Genie
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

JCOOPER

22 TO WIN 19 TO GET A CHECK.  Theres mine
I am a pre bred mix between a ninja and a polar bear.  A truly deadly combination.

Team houston

Are they still using St. Jeans to launch?

Genie

Yes - St Jean's is the official launch/check-in site. 
Grand Rapids, MI

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Dan

Is there a Google or Map Quest set of directions to St. Jeans?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

MadWags

From east or west on I-94:
Exit at exit 220B (Conner St. - City Airport Exit).
Go south on Conner for approx 2.5 miles to Clairpointe (just south of Jefferson Ave.).
Stay right on Clairpointe (continue south) for .3 miles to Freud St.
Turn right on Freud, go west for .5 miles to St. Jean.
Turn left on St. Jean, go south to boat launc
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

squid

closer to 24lbs to win but 18 something to check.

Thanks for the directions Wags

MadWags

24.75 is what I weighed yesterday in 2 hours of prefishing. If my fish do not move or shrink than Squid's prediction will pan out. ;D

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Langer

Quote from: MadWags on June 21, 2007, 07:50:52 AM
24.75 is what I weighed yesterday in 2 hours of prefishing. If my fish do not move or shrink than Squid's prediction will pan out. ;D

You can only weigh in 5 not 12!  ;D :D ;D :D
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

joshimoto son

MadWags,

24.75 ? You must have been sandbagging on Sunday with your 20.70 ;)

That was the most expensive 2nd place plaque I've ever received.

joshimoto son ;D

Eric

WIth the way it has been recently, let's put a new spin on the betting game.  How about who will run the farthest and how far will it be?

I say someone will run over 80 miles.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

jcox7

80 miles one way ill be close

24.75 if madwags catches those he should win

jcox7

Just a reminder if you are fishing the FLW TOUR event you can not participate in this event unless your partner is also in the tour event if you do you will be dqed and you will lose your 800 bucks co and to much boater money to mention

Jeff cox

Buckeyenut313

80 miles one way ill be close

Ohio is closed for another week, right?

dashaver63

Genie

I hope everyone is safe and has fun no matter how far they go or what they catch.  I know I plan on having a blast!!

See some of you tomorrow - good luck ... for 2nd that is ...   ;D
Grand Rapids, MI

MadWags

Don't worry about me. My fish moved. :'(
I have to change my game plan or pray for my fish to show up. ::) The east wind mudded my area. :-\'
I caught maybe 17 tonight.
See you at the weigh-in. ;D
I met some big sticks at the ramp tonight. :o

Dan

My money is on Madwags. Fished the DK Open with him and the guy can catch fish! Good luck to all. I'm envious.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

MadWags

Sorry guys. only weighed 16.17 :(
Had a great time though. :)
First time I ever carried a bag of fish through a carnival (fair). ;D
Jason and I fished well. We only lost one fish that would have improved our limit.
Had a limit by 10:00am. Saw lots of big fish but could not get them to bite.
Our big fish spot gave up a limit early but the size was not there.
Mike Trombly put a huge bag of river fish together that went 21.55 beating out the 21.35 second place team.
Awesome tournament.

Jay-MadWags

Quote from: joshimoto son on June 21, 2007, 11:16:25 AM
MadWags,

24.75 ? You must have been sandbagging on Sunday with your 20.70 ;)

That was the most expensive 2nd place plaque I've ever received.

joshimoto son ;D

Well it is a good thing you didn't fish the Bassin Bums & Babes Tournament this past Sunday.  Team MadWags captured another first place finish with some impressive patterns.  Rattle trap, jerk bait, drop shot. . . And did I mention none of our keepers came on tubes.  All you guys dragging tubes should speed it up. 

Thanks Tournament winner and Contractor Extrodinar.
You Partner,

Jay-Mad
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan