email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MotorGuide Tour Edition Digital 109  (Read 814 times)

Big dreams

MotorGuide Tour Edition Digital 109
« on: June 03, 2014, 08:06:40 AM »

While out on Wixom Lake Sunday, the trolling motor stopped working on me.  I switched all the switches on the foot pedal and even reset the breaker at the batteries...  I was starring at it and all of the sudden after 5 minutes, the thing turned back on.

Has anyone experienced this before?  I picked this up two years ago at the swap meet but stored it in my pole barn all of last year.  This is the second time out and am worried I might get stranded durning a tournament.

Thanks guys

Quack

Re: MotorGuide Tour Edition Digital 109
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 08:29:14 AM »

Had a similar experience a couple of years ago, had water in the head.  Take the prop off and there is a single bolt at the bottom of the head.  Pull that bolt and turn the motor so the opening faces down.  If water come out, that's the issue.  Mine was still under warranty so don't know what the cost would have been to get it fixed.

Hope that's not it, good luck.

Quack

Big dreams

Re: MotorGuide Tour Edition Digital 109
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 07:27:41 AM »

I will check into that.  I am not ruling that out but the motor was still in the water when it began working again. 
Thanks for the suggestion.  I will pull the prop off after my tournament Saturday.  If I find anything, I will let you know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge