email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Weekend Lunkers St. Joe River 5/26/14  (Read 585 times)

1javelin

Weekend Lunkers St. Joe River 5/26/14
« on: May 27, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »

We fished a small trail on the St. Joe yesterday morning and had a solid game plan ready.  Tcook had some beds marked so we went in to find them first thing, and watched as the boats piled in the marinas.  Luckily some of the others weren't the best at finding and catching bed fish, so we managed to pull 5 out while they failed to pull 1.  We knew we needed more weight, since we had 1 dink that was just over 2.  We checked a few other spots and never got them fired up, followed behind a few guys that really know what they're doing, and couldn't get what we needed.  We headed up river a bit to try another marina I had luck in before and only had about 20 minutes to get at them.  I had one pick up but never connected, so we headed back with our 5 to see how we placed.  We figured we had 14 lbs 13 oz by Tim's scale, so when we weighed we felt confident the scale was accurate as the tournament scale read 14 lbs 14 oz.  Unfortunately the dink and lack of a kicker fish put us down in 5th, with 3 boats taking top honors all in the 17's.  Still a fun time and a blast to fish with Tim again.  It reminded me how much being in the moment is what drives us tournament anglers.  We fish very well together, as we both have our own ideas and ways of doing things, but they seem to melt seamlessly together.  Tim has been on the scene a lot more than me lately so I really value what he has in his head, and throw in a few ideas that sometimes pan out.  We never did get on any of the prespawners or postspawners that I thought for sure we would find, but that's why it's called fishing.  I'll add a pic when the trail posts them, our 4 good ones.  Next tournament on the docket, Muskegon Lake with the D and R trail.  Game.  On.

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Firefighter Jeff

Re: Weekend Lunkers St. Joe River 5/26/14
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 07:21:35 PM »

Good report Herman.  Glad to see you back at it.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge