Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:04:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kent & St. Clair Paper Tournments

Started by Anthony Adams, April 12, 2007, 10:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony Adams

I am ready to get this season started. I am looking forwards to the ABA's first event of the season on Kent Lake 5/6/07 at the West Launch.  Followed by St. Clair on 5/20/07

Here is our complete 2007 schedule.
http://www.americanbassanglers.com/districts2007.php?district=7

2007 Paper Tournament Rules (Note there is one small change in bold)

Everyone must have a Golden Rule Weigh Master GG-51 Large Mouth Bass Bump Board. If you don't have one I will have a dozen on hand at a cost of $15.00 per board.

In the ABA we draw to see who rides with whom... Your non-boater would measure your fish and write them down and you would his. We take your best 5 fish as your final weight.

Boaters if you bring a non-boater with you your both guaranteed to fish. If you show up without a boater or non-boater it is first come first serve. You must have your link with you at the time of registration.

IN the ABA you cannot knowingly catch the same fish twice and count it.. nor can your non-boater catch a fish you caught, nor can you tell a friend about a fish you caught during the event. If a written complaint is made and the official feels you violated the rule you will be DQed...

This is basically and inch tournament but we convert inches to weight for several reasons.

1) Standings are computed in weight on our site and on our official paperwork.

2) Year end standings...

3) It's cool to say I caught X amount of weight ..

If you've never done an ABA paper tourney I highly suggest you give it a try. I think you will enjoy it..

Tight lines ......

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

gbaade

MBell

I guess I need a non-boater for Kent.  Anyone?
-Matt

dartag

didn't pre-registered anglers get picked before anglers that signed up the day of the event..  i know last year my non boater fished and his brother was one that didn't.   hope the ice and snow melt by then.

Durand Dan

Any non-boater want to sign up with me let me know. 

Anthony Adams

Quote from: gbaade on April 12, 2007, 11:42:23 AM
What is this link you speak of?

Boaters and Non-boaters who register together (link) are guaranteed to fish.

Boaters and Non-Boaters who sign up without a link are chosen by the order they register.

If we have more boaters then non-boaters (or vice versa) those who did not link will be the odd men out.

Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

stackenem

I also am looking for a nonboater. pm me
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Langer

Do you have to be a member to fish the paper tournaments?
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

csfishslayer

im in as a non boater pm if you wanna link
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

Anthony Adams

Quote from: Langer on April 13, 2007, 06:45:59 PM
Do you have to be a member to fish the paper tournaments?

Yes but anyone can become a member $25 per year and you get our magazine. This allows you to fish any ABA event anywhere. If your a Federation Member you can get a free membership.

Anthony Adams

Quote from: csfishslayer on April 13, 2007, 06:49:47 PM
im in as a non boater pm if you wanna link

I thought you were linking with Drew?

Skip Johnson

something for guys to consider when looking into joining the ABA is that your $25 membership is good in all ABA divisions across the country, lets say you and your family are in florida at disney world and you decide you want to try fishing for florida hogs but have no boat and no knowlege of the area well its as simple as finding an ABA tourney in florida and showing up as a non boater and getting a guided trip for $70 with a shot at a refund thats the best deal out there.
Go Big or Go Home!

dartag

i am looking for a non boater to link with to guarantee entry.  pm me if interested.

steve smith

Mojo

Im a non boater. And if I join BFL today - will I get a 1 year ABA membership free ? Means would I get to fish this event free ? Please advise
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Anthony Adams

Quote from: mojo on April 18, 2007, 07:01:29 PM
Im a non boater. And if I join BFL today - will I get a 1 year ABA membership free ? Means would I get to fish this event free ? Please advise

No .... The ABA has no affiliation with the BFL ....

You would need to become an ABA member $25.00 ... If you were a Federation Member you could get your ABA Membership for free ... Everyone has to pay the entry fee.

See this link for more details - http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=2239.0

csfishslayer

For sure Im in with drew pm let me no
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

bosshawg

how many boats you got for kent?

we'll have 13-14 boats in our club event - we can all get along.  :)D
i'll be the guy in the "little red skeeter".
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Anthony Adams

bosshawg

if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Durand Dan

Sunday Kent Lake. Any non-boaters out there want to link up? Check in starts at 5:30am according to Anthony ;D