Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:28:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Question on Carpet Cleaning

Started by Durand Dan, March 21, 2007, 07:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durand Dan

I need some advice on cleaning the carpet on my boat. I have heard that using a vinager and water solution will refresh and clean it. Also any input on general cleanup would be helpful.

MBell

With vinegar and water you need to scrub a lot but it looks good.  It fluffs the carpet up, almost like new carpet.  I also power wash, theres usually a ton of sand and dirt burried in the carpet.  Just be careful not to turn it up too high. 
-Matt

Revtro

Ditto on the powerwash.  If you don't want to have to worry about washing too powerfully, just take the boat to a self car wash and use the high impact sprayer.  You don't even need to use any kind of soap.  It will bring the carpet up like new...you'll be surprised.  Thanks for reminding me...I need to do this on my boat. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

REEL_MAN

Power washing will remove the dirt but not stains. Stanley Steemer makes a spot remover that is fantastic (you can get it from the local dealer). If you use scent and happen to spill it will take it out even if has been there a couple of years. Also, be carefull in the scrubbing, it may raise (fluff) the carpet but also breaks down the fibers and cause early wear. Just be carefull not to be to aggressive.

REEL MAN

fowlmouth

anyone ever try using a rental carpet cleaner? I cleaned my carpet last fall with a pressure washer, got the "green stuff" out of it.  I had it covered all winter and opened it up last week and already I can see the "green stuff" coming back.  I don't know why my boat wants to grow algae so badly but I want to kill it, wish my lawn would grow this well.

Thought about calling Stanley Steemer but they would pobably think I was off my rocker  wantin' them to come clean my bass boat.

Durand Dan

Thanks everyone. I'm off to the Durand car wash this afternoon to clean it up. Everything else is ready to go.

REEL_MAN

Have friend that used to clean carpet (has since moved west) and had a rate to do boats.  I bet Stanley Steemer won't laugh and I bet they would know how to get rid of the mold, they get rid of stains. Good luck

REEL MAN