email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: absolutely the worst show, Fishing University  (Read 8632 times)

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Re: absolutely the worst show, Fishing University
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 12:19:42 AM »

Funny how times change. I wonder how many different names have evolved through the 'who died and made you ___________' statement over the years?!? Might make for a fun winter, cabin fever thread to see how many we can come up with that the various GreatLakesBass.com 'generations' have heard?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

BIGSHOW

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 03:22:17 PM »

Michigan out of doors is a pretty good and informative show. Zona's show is just plain entertaining. Major League Fishing is a little of all to me. Especially when you mix in some good old Michigan lakes.

PineLk 49

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 08:05:23 AM »

You guys missed one. How about Virgil Ward. Song... From the lakes of northern Canada to the shores of of of? Shoot that was a long time ago

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 09:55:47 AM »

You guys missed one. How about Virgil Ward. Song... From the lakes of northern Canada to the shores of of of? Shoot that was a long time ago

I loved Virgil Ward!!!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Lola says " lets go fishing "
  • View Gallery
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 10:14:36 AM »

Forgot about Fred Trost.   He was ok until he tried to be Consumer Advocate against the Doe in Heat companies.   I think that cost him a lot of $$  and his show.

I saw presentation Jerry Chippeata did trolling for salmon with a camera attached to the cannon ball of a down rigger.   Took them 2 days but they finally had a fish come in view and take the bait.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 11:29:58 PM »

Ole Virgil Ward and the fish tank for lure demonstrations...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

capt charlie's charters

• capt charlie
  • GLBass Friends
  • Big Fish
  • View Gallery
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2014, 06:20:40 PM »

I to fell for the idea of the indian river burt/mullet, totally pathetic.   meanwhile the facts of fishing runs a close second to being the worst, sad ass humor, horrible music, can stand the host.

Hook & Look by far the best.

Jay-MadWags

• Life is too short. Just go fishing!
  • Master Angler
  • Guntersville 10 lb. Monster!
  • View Gallery
    • Grandt Rods
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2014, 10:13:15 PM »

IMHO Al Linder has ther best all around fishing show for multi species.  I also enjoy watching Strike King Pro Team Journal and Major League Fishing.  Ultimate Match Fishing has a new season out this year with new rules which is fun to watch.
All in all fishing shows help us to pass the time while the water is hard here in the north country.  There are quite a few to choose from.  Fishing U is usually about promoting products and lures.  They usually catch small fish because they limit themselves to one or two baits the entire show.  I saw the Indian River show.  It was pretty bad, lots of small fish.  In their defense, they fish don't fish many natural lakes so they probably didn't know how to approach it in the given time they had to film the show which was one day with limited tackle (as I stated earlier).  Having said that, I'm not making excuses or knocking down Charlie Ingram beacause I'm sure a lot of people would love to fish across the U.S. filming fishing shows while enjoying the chance to see new bodies of water all around this fine country.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

Coop

• Keepin Em Wet One-Day-At-A-Time
  • Big Fish
  • View Gallery
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2014, 11:10:31 PM »

Fishing University is BRUTAL!!! LMAO, I just got done watching it recorded on my DVR.. Got the Full gammit of shows on record to get me thru a couple more weeks until opener.  Every show is all about promoting their sponsors.. I get it, that's why they can be on television, but really... I wonder how much some of these people pull per episode? Better to run the drivethru at mc'y d's..  My favorites on nowdays is "Cabelas Fishermans Handbook" "Fishing Texas" "Bass Pros" & Major league fishing is ok as well.. Cant stand that crazy freaky eyed blond who does the leaderboard updates (she also hosts a show held down in florida for some sort of Tarpon Competition. Also that guy who hosts with the ridiculous southern accent is kind of annoying as well. And I don't have to hear about how great their finder / crankbait / worm / hooks etc etc. are.  These guys seriously sell their souls. lol..
Rob Cooper
2015 Legend V20

red68prostreet

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 03:42:47 AM »

There certainly are a lot of fishing shows to watch these days. A good number of them are tough to watch. I really enjoy the underwater stuff Hook N Look does. The Linder's always do a great job. I would love to see a show from someone on fishing line. What line and sizes to use for the most popular situations. It was not that long ago that mono was pretty much it. You now have so many combinations to choose from it's confusing. A simple explaination with underwater action would be cool for me.

t-bone

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • 2013 Ranger z520c & 2014 Ford F-150
  • View Gallery
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2014, 07:13:22 AM »

Ultimate Match Fishing is back on and it is right up there with major league fishing.
You can tell that is produced by guys in the industry and not overly influenced by the sponsors.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

BIGSHOW

« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2014, 05:57:59 PM »

When is ultimate match fishing on? I never heard of it. What network? Thx

Mcfish

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2014, 12:18:40 PM »

Don't overlook Timmy Hortons' show.  It is well done and he goes into just enough detail on his rigs/set ups that you learn a thing or two. 

tociar

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2014, 09:34:08 AM »

Timmy Hortons , Linders, MLF are good. I don't really care for Fishing U or One more cast with Shaw Grigsby. Too much infomercial for me, but I don't feel the need to slam them because of their appearance.  Charlie Ingram just had a top 10 finish in a tournament.  Not trying to be controversial and everyone has an opinion ... but, I think you can voice your opinions; without "bashing" someone's appearance.

t-bone

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • 2013 Ranger z520c & 2014 Ford F-150
  • View Gallery
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 08:22:06 AM »

You can find the details here: http://www.ultimatematchfishing.com/

When is ultimate match fishing on? I never heard of it. What network? Thx
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

BIGSHOW

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 12:00:36 PM »

Thanks, DVR is set and ready to tape. It is on the outdoor channel.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge