Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:03:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

All Star Week quotes

Started by Genie, September 27, 2013, 10:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genie

Been chatting with some buddies watching the updates on BASSTrakk ... been getting some hilarious quotes going back and forth.

Front runners so far:
1. Lane is heading to Croton.
2. Jesus - Lane is almost to the bridge.

Feel free to oblige ...
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Genie

Another favorite so far ...

Ike's on my wood!
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Dan

Just got back from the morning take off. Swindle stayed right at the take off and boated two early keepers on topwater. Paliniuk was in the same area and when I talked to him he had zippo. He was throwing a spook. Saw Hank Cherry and Brandon come in a little cut by the take off area and they threw a frog around. Notta. Keith Combs came down the steel wall at the take off area throwing a jerkbait and boated a keeper. John Crews later came down the same wall and caught a keeper. Couldn't see what he was using. Took a bunch of pics and video, but they are not uploaded yet. Parking is a real issue if you are heading over there. No access to the anglers in the morning because of how they tie up at the launch area. They launch and then motor across a bay to the take off dock where the weigh-in stage is. Looks like they will have a trailered weigh-in. Spent the morning, about an hour, talking with Chad Pipkens.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Did he or anyone really run way up the river? I wasn't thinking about that much considering all the lower water we've had the past few years. I know where a giant pike slough used to be?? :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

Bobby Lane headed up the river. I was watching Edwin Evers and Cliff Pace at the mouth when Bobby went by. I decided to follow him for a bit. He got 4 on top water, and then a camera boat came up there, so I went back out to the main lake. Mm obody saw him again until the weigh in. I was told he was all the way up by the bridge on 31.

dartag

Mcfish

So far my favorites are off of the B.A.S.S. website.

Lake Muskegon

Pear heads

TimH

Best quote of the weekend in my opinion was one of these two, both involving Gerald Swindle.

The first was right before blast off on Saturday morning as Mercer was starting to interview Swindle.  Dave starts speaking for a second and then says "why are you touching my inner thigh" to with Swindle replies with "well, i'm not ited of to the wall so I have to grab onto to something solid."

The Second was during the weigh in when Swindle was on stage weighing in and reffered to Muskegon Lake being like one of his old girlfriends, " crazy, hard to read, and even after being around it a few times, I still don't like it."

I can't say it enough, but THANK YOU to the entire Muskegon area for a job well done with this event.  I was so happy to see such a great turn out, and so much support from the entire community.  This was so important so that BASS can see just how many fans Michigan has.  This was even more important after the metro detroit area dropped the ball with Elite event on Lake St. Clair.

djkimmel

Quote from: Mike S. on September 28, 2013, 04:25:58 AM
Bobby Lane headed up the river. I was watching Edwin Evers and Cliff Pace at the mouth when Bobby went by. I decided to follow him for a bit. He got 4 on top water, and then a camera boat came up there, so I went back out to the main lake. Mm obody saw him again until the weigh in. I was told he was all the way up by the bridge on 31.

Not quite as exciting as I thought it might be... that's a good run I'm sure in this lower water era but I thought maybe he did something really crazy like run way past there!!! I used to fish up there and a ways past but it was during the high water era. Even then it was a little squirrelly.

Many of the pros talked about how many different things you could do and try on Muskegon. That is what I always liked about the lake... but I can kind of understand Gerald Swindles' comments too thinking back on some days I had on that body of water...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on September 28, 2013, 09:08:31 AM
Big crowds at the weigh in.????

HUGE crowds! I don't have 'official' numbers yet but I heard 7,500 quoted for Saturday and Sunday was BIGGER!! Very nicely done Muskegon and West Michigan!! I ran into or saw very, very many GreatLakesBass.com members and fishing friends and acquaintances. There was a lot going on!

Jmeis

Yes the crowds were huge and enthusiastic. Almost every angler that came to the stage made mention of it as well as the B.A.S.S. powers that be. Hopefully they will come back. It would be awesome to see them playing on some of the great water a little farther north. I am sure they could put up numbers that would be very scary..
Triton TX 21 Bass Master Classic 225 OPTI
It costs extra to be STUPID!