email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Linked Events

• Bassmaster N Open Lk St Clair: September 04, 2014 - September 06, 2014
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bassmaster Michigan 2014  (Read 1508 times)

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Bassmaster Michigan 2014
« on: September 19, 2013, 11:40:11 PM »

Well, I begged, wheedled, cajoled, wined (and whined), dined, needled, pestered and even tried the Labrador sad puppy eyes to get more big tournaments here in Michigan next year.

Apparently I don't do a very mean Labrador sad puppy eyes because it looks like we've only got 1 big one so far. Not the Elite Series I'd hoped for but hey, a Bassmaster Northern Open is still a good thing. AND maybe more of my friends can take a shot at being a bass pro by fishing this one too so I'll take it! How about you?

No. 3 — Lake St. Clair at Detroit, Mich., Sept. 4-6, 2014
Elite Series anglers caught bass in a transitional stage during the recent Plano Championship Chase, when St. Clair failed to live up to its billing as No. 1 on Bassmaster Magazine's 100 Best Bass Lakes list. Chris Lane won that event, but he had to go to Lake Huron to find the winning strings. The lake should be much better next September, when anglers in the Northern Opens wrap up their division. With a Detroit launch site, several lakes and a seemingly endless amount of water will be available to the competitors.

PS: the smallmouth bass on Lake St. Clair are still fine. There's plenty of them and there's plenty of food. A month or two of less weird weather swings and we'll all start being more happy. I hooked a couple and netted a few this morning while out perch fishing and they looked healthy and fought just like the Lake St. Clair smallmouth bass I've known and loved for so many years now!

PPS: the walleye and perch anglers still want us to keep more smallmouth bass. They keep thinking we will. Got to admire optimism. I'm working on helping them get to know us a little better... it's a process.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:43:13 PM by djkimmel »

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge