Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:20:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Best rod for the money

Started by Wolfie729, July 30, 2013, 10:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfie729

Just bought a Powell Deisel and went out tonight and snap owned it less than a week clean break not sure what happened I'm pretty careful with my rods but a little frustrated looking for something to replace it any suggestions?

MSURoss

I only throw st. Criox. The mojo line is outstanding value!! I have never broke any of my st. Criox product.

Waterfoul

I'm a big Shimano fan.  Great rod and a good price and a stellar warranty.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Wolfie729

Its funny you say that my buddy had a mojo tonight break LOL not the rods fault my buddy set his bag on the line and the top 3 inches cracked off.

gmetime24

Lately my buddies and I have had some issues with st. Croix rods breaking. I like the Abu Garcia line of rods better then any other ones I have. I only have one shimano rod and like that one too. Also don't have any problem with BPS rods. I've had some for years and they definitely outlast some of the St Croix series of rods

YpsiBass

You might want to consider emailing the Powell guys.  I know there's no warranty on that rod, but their customer service is pretty decent.

mikesmiph

If you buy a Grandt rod you won't have to worry about breaking them. Unconditional lifetime warranty. Enough said.

Wolfie729

thedude

i've heard good things about powell as well - always a chance a rod got damaged in shipping or has a legitimate defect. Given it's practically new, i'd start with a phone call there. All it takes is a minor impact in just the right way to cause a rod to break.  I'd go to Al& Bob's and talk with them. Abu, ducket, powell, croix, shimano, daiwa - all make good rods and probably have something in your price range. They will have the best selection in town to compare and contrast.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

mikesmiph

Grandt's are sold online, or at shows.

markgoetsch

Yes powell has great customer service just give them a call or an email and I'm sure they'll send you a new rod.

Wolfie729

Al and Bobs gave me the hook up thats where I bought it got a new rod in the truck so Im happy happy happy! Still looking for another new rod though anyone tried the shimano clarus?

Wolfie729

Also how is abu's warranty's?

TritonTR20

I like st. croix tournament legends myself...

tim4081

Check out the Kistler Carbon Steel rod line.  I have 3 of them and really like them.  They're a little bit more than the diesel rods but if you subscribe to their newsletter they often run specials.

Redbone

I have broke 3 Mojo Bass rods (All at the tips). With that being said. These are one of the better feeling rods for the price. They are just fragile. The Abu's are a lot more durable for the same price, just not as sensitive. I have only broken 1 Abu and that was not at the tip. I was trying to rip a crankbait with a medium ::).

Wolfie729

Well I went with the shimano compre seems really nice cant wait to hit the water with it

MSURoss

Quote from: TritonTR20 on July 31, 2013, 09:04:04 PM
I like st. croix tournament legends myself...

Can't find a better rod!

Wolfie729

Ok change up returned my compre went with the crucial boom love it!!!