email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Ohio Bow Bucks  (Read 11677 times)

tjrock

2012 Ohio Bow Bucks
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:00:38 PM »

We got our 2012 Ohio bow kill bucks back from the taxidermist. We shot both of them halloween week. Mine is the one on the right, a big mainframe 10 with a kicker on his left G2. He dressed out at 220 pounds.

stackenem

Re: 2012 Ohio Bow Bucks
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 05:38:17 PM »

nice bucks what part of ohio if you don't mind telling. We are thinking about going to the northwest side this season.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

tjrock

Re: 2012 Ohio Bow Bucks
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 06:12:46 PM »

We go to Carrol County my buddies family has a 280 acre farm that we hunt along with other state land in the area. I have always gone down to the southeastern part of the state where there's big hills and deep draws for the deer to hide in which allows the bucks to grow much bigger. If you hit it the right week during the rut when the bucks are cruising it can be great, but if not you have to put allot of hardwork and time in to be successful. I've been going down there for about 5 years now and have gotten something every year. It's definitely worth it. It's nice when you walk into a woodlot and you find tons of rubs on trees that are 3-4 inches in diameter and scrapes that are 3-4 feet in diameter. Definitely different than hunting here in Michigan. I wish our DNR would learn a few things from them especially the one buck rule, maybe then guys would think twice about shooting a little buck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge