Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:10:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

lake erie or lsc

Started by csfishslayer, January 11, 2007, 04:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csfishslayer

Ok What do you guy think. When it comes to bigger fish lcs or lake erie Im in a stail mate I think both lake have great fish and could not choose between the 2 so you guys let me no what you think .
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.

smbassman

Biggest to smallest;

St Clair River
Lake Erie
Detroit River
Lake St. Clair

Of course the rivers don't seem to show their best fish until late summer, but when the St. Clair river is on, it is the biggest fish producer.

For numbers, you can basically go in reverse order.

djkimmel

Biggest individual limits seem to come more often from Erie, but some really huge team limits have come from the St. Clair River. There has been more 7 plus pounders out of the St. Clair River than Erie. I do know of 2 7-pounders caught out of Lake St. Clair in the past few seasons too, but don't know of any in a tournament.

There may be more 7+ pounders caught out in Erie we just don't hear about?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LUMBERLEO

Lake Erie for sure has more big fish.  But the biggest fish I have ever seen have all came from St. Clair river.  Still you can't beat Erie were 5 pounders are pretty regular and a 6lber almost every tournament.

Scott

josh617

there are some pigs in erie, as well, but you dont really see them cuz the western basin is too warm for those giant 7, 8 and 9lb smallies. i remember seeing a picture of a 9lber out of erie 2 years ago from conneaut, OH.

bosshawg

gots to know both better this year along w/the rivers. just can't get alot of on water time. do alot of reading on from forum/fish reports.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

Skulley

Since I fish both bodies of water often......I say you will catch good quantity in St. Clair but better quality in Erie.  I am not counting the rivers because the subject matter of this blog is "Lake Erie or LSC".  If you add the rivers to the mix then the St. Clair River ranks up there with Erie, however I believe some of those big fish in the St. Clair River come out of Huron and Huron does have some real pigs.

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

DanM

With regards to which lake produces larger fish....that would be Erie IMO but St.Clair for numbers.
Lake St.Clair seems more relaible IMO and big fish can be caught through numerous techniques...stumbled on a pattern this year and boated 21.7 from St.Clair in the middle of summer in a tourney.

I Have also seen a few big guys(6+) the past couple years on St.Clair...but they seem not as rare on Erie that's for sure where your next bite could be a 6'er....whoo..hoo!

MBell

Erie for sure has bigger fish.  I feel both rivers are seasonal.  In my experience Muskies are the dominant species in the rivers and move bass out of prime areas.  I would say that if you had 1 day to fish go to St. Clair, if you have 3 or more days go to Erie. 
-Matt 

motocross269

All I have to say is we sure are lucky to have to make those tough choices on the east side of the state !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this state.....Economy sucks, but you sure can't beat the outdoor opportunities....

csfishslayer

now that's the truth. When nothing is going right in this state you can just think of all the great fishing to even it all out.
S.W.A.G. Jigs And Custom Paints.