Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:42:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Cabin Fever....

Started by LAPORTE, February 06, 2013, 09:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAPORTE

It's been a tough winter so far.. I have bags of tackle lined up in my bedroom from all of the stores and shows. Fishing is all I can think about. I may need to seek some professional help this year..  ;D

My question is : How are you doing.... lol
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

mikesmiph

About the same as you are Don. I check the 5 day forecast every day, waiting to see some 50's. I want so bad to go out, hook the motor up to some water, and just run it for a while. If you find a good therapist, let me know.

YpsiBass

There's a little pond across the street that I have to stare at every morning and it reminds me that I'm not fishing.  Long winter indeed.

huston

I find myself rambling thru sporting goods stores buying crap I know i don't need. I want to do more panfishing this year but won't commit to it. I think we may have a rude awakening on LSC this year with water levels. I love all the canals and their may not be any water in them.

bob o

the shaking should stop after the swap meet this weekend, for a few days anyway  ;D

Waterfoul

The best therapy for you guys is to get all that stuff out of your sight.  Send it to me and I'll "keep" it for you until I think you need it back.  I'm stong willed, I can handle it.

Send to:

Mike
C/O Fishing Addicts Ananymous
2975 28th St. S.E.
Grand Rapids MI  49512
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Manxfishing

I'm with the rest of you
The spare bedroom looks like a fishing store at this time

Really looking forward to getting better at a couple new styles of fishing
Top on the list is to catch a bass on a spinner biat this year. LOL

gmetime24

I have all my gear sitting in my spare bedroom. I already cleaned all my reels and tried to organize my tackle a little bit better. Can't wait for some decent weather so I can at least get the boat out and get it ready but Ill take more snow between now and spring first

Hoekset

Been the worst year I can remember for me as far as cabin fever. Only so many times I can organize tacke before it just becomes insanity. Been so bad I've had a few brief thoughts of ice fishing.  :D

LAPORTE

Quote from: Waterfoul on February 06, 2013, 12:06:05 PM
The best therapy for you guys is to get all that stuff out of your sight.  Send it to me and I'll "keep" it for you until I think you need it back.  I'm stong willed, I can handle it.

Send to:

Mike
C/O Fishing Addicts Ananymous
2975 28th St. S.E.
Grand Rapids MI  49512

Ill be sending it out in the morning
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Frank

i saw mojo catch a fish on a spinnerbait once

red68prostreet

My wife thinks Im crazy. We are 5 wks into the 13 wk season of fishing shows. I watch Timmy Horton, Mark Zona, The Bass Pros, HooknLook and others each week. I have already put my order in for many of the products they use during filming of the shows. If I don't stop buying stuff I won't have a budget left to buy gas for the boat this summer.

Waterfoul

I see only one of you has taken the first step and agreed to send me all your stuff.  Come on guys... I'm here to help.

Couple pics of what cabin fever looks like here.... first is the wall/corner in my fishroom/office/3rd bedroom.  There are 35 rods in the photo.  Second one is a necessity now that I'm over 45... a magnifier lite so I can still tie knots!  LOL!!

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Firefighter Jeff

Cabin fever hasn't been too bad, so don't plan on getting anything from me Mike.  Thanks for the offer though.   :D   Shoot I didn't powerwash the carpets and winterize the motor til the middle of January when it got in the upper 50's.  That, and I am in charge of teaching a Driver/Operator class for the fire department.  It has kept me very busy and somewhat stressed.  lol

Redbone

Cabin Fever???

I am trying to make crankbaits and I dont even like to throw them. ???

fiker

I saw an article in Bass Master magazine on how to make surface plugs out of the artificial corks from wine bottles. 

I've been spending my time acquiring the corks and there's only one way I know of the get them.

What cabin fever?

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

bob o

maybe we could trying to make mojo a spinnerbait from bottle caps? i've got a great start on the caps part hahaha

djkimmel

This is what I do... (no, this is not me and I do not know this person)

It helps.

I may start a cat 'rental' for those of you who do not have your own cat to practice with. My wife's cats (fishing cats) are really good at this, putting up a hard fight. You can try different materials, colors, sizes, smells (the little cat really likes fish oil pills I found out yesterday morning... oops)

As far as the cat rental, if you want to practice hooksets... you will have to find your own cat. The wife does NOT like that...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

PS: I think the guy in the video is close the the edge...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.