Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Novi Show - What did you like/dislike?

Started by Revtro, January 16, 2006, 10:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

Wha WHa WHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Is this where you want to be when Jesus comes back, giving poor ol McCarter a hard time about missing the show???

You both know i would have much rather been at the show than losing $35 and not drinking a single beer.  Unfortunatly, i had already told my friend i would help him set up for the poker party and then forgot all about it.

I had to ditch out on the Fishers of Men director (John Carter???) on Sunday.  I think i shook one too many hands on Saturday and woke up the next morning with a touch of the FLU.  Brown bottle flu?  NO, the real deal flu.

So say what you will, but i only made the show one day this year and no body is madder about that than i am.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Revtro

When Jesus comes back, I hope I'm in my boat reeling in a 5 pound smallie.  I can't think of a better way to go!  ;D  Sorry to hear you were sick PB.  Practically everyone I know has been down with whatever this flu is that's making the rounds.  Hope you're feeling better!  In case you missed the comment I made in another thread, I saw you on Saturday, but you were busy, so I didn't want to intrude to say Hi. 

Hey PB, will you be fishing FOM? 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

McCarter

Jeff and I may fish it.  But i dont know if i am welcome in that club now.  I told the director i would help him out on sunday and couldnt make it. I hear he was pretty upset with me.  I may be banned from the FOM circuit :o

Rev, im never busy.  I am just good at makin myself look busy.  Years of practice has paid off.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Revtro

Cool.  Hopefully I'll see ya out there then. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Quote from: smbassman on January 17, 2006, 08:51:10 AM
Bulletproof -

The hull materials(resins) are top grade and many grades above the typical in the bassboat market.? The strength can really be seen on rough days that really pound a boat - like St. Clair on a hot Saturday afternoon.? My previous boat, a Ranger 492VS(21.5'), would take a serious pounding with T/M mounts coming loose, lid hinges coming loose, consoles shaking violently on every pounding wave and stress cracking all to h#!!.? Windshields blowing apart, and several times it felt like the boat was being broken in two.? This all has a lot to do with my "aggressive" driving, but none of this exists with the BassCat.? Everything in this boat is solid, there is no shaking in the console, no pounding waves just smooth landings and the agility to run the mogul course around metro beach.? I have not had a single day on the water yet that was uncomfortable to drive the boat in, and I have been in some rough stuff.

There's things I like and don't like about many bass boats, but one thing I REALLY like is my ol' 1993 Ranger 492VS has gotten me there and back for 14 seasons on the Great Lakes. Not too many bass boats last near that long of a life on the Great Lakes. I love my boat for that! Ranger has changed many things since 1993 - as any good bass boat company should - and I think their combination of quality material and fishability fit my style of fishing best, and they are better riding and tougher than ever. I expect my next Ranger to last as long as I want it to also. I think it says something about Bass Cat that they won the JD Power recently. I also think it says quite a bit that Ranger won the first 3 JD Power awards before that.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bulletproof

Quote from: smbassman on January 17, 2006, 08:51:10 AM
Bulletproof -

The new BassCats are not much like the older Pantera III mentioned above - though that model is an awesome big water boat for a 19ft'er.? The new models have bigger, aerodynamic consoles and look much better than the pre-2003 boats.? Some have commented that the consoles are too big, but that is personal choice I guess.? When running the great lakes, I like the big consoles.? I have the Cougar FTD that has more storage than anybody would ever need and has the best ride of any boat I have been in.

What really sets BassCat apart is the strength of the hulls/materials used, overall ride & their customer service.? If you look at www.basscat.com and look at their owners page.? They have a forum for owners(or potential owners) to ask questions or make comments and receive replies from either BassCat staff or the owner, Rick Pierce or you can call and talk directly to him.?

The hull materials(resins) are top grade and many grades above the typical in the bassboat market.? The strength can really be seen on rough days that really pound a boat - like St. Clair on a hot Saturday afternoon.? My previous boat, a Ranger 492VS(21.5'), would take a serious pounding with T/M mounts coming loose, lid hinges coming loose, consoles shaking violently on every pounding wave and stress cracking all to h#!!.? Windshields blowing apart, and several times it felt like the boat was being broken in two.? This all has a lot to do with my "aggressive" driving, but none of this exists with the BassCat.? Everything in this boat is solid, there is no shaking in the console, no pounding waves just smooth landings and the agility to run the mogul course around metro beach.? I have not had a single day on the water yet that was uncomfortable to drive the boat in, and I have been in some rough stuff.

As for the local dealers, there are none.? Ohio and Indiana are it right now, but that will hopefully change soon when they find a dealer with attention to customers and service that is up to their standards.? ?I drove to Indiana for mine and could not be more pleased.? I feel I get more personal attention from that dealer(online and phone) than what I have experienced here and the price could not be touched.?

I noticed you are in the Freeland area, so I am sure we could get together this spring/summer for a test drive to see what I am talking about - if your interested.? I live in Vassar, but will be on the Bay a lot this spring.? In the mean time, plan a day trip to Grand Rapids in early march and the dealer I bought from will be there with 4-5 new models.

Get a hold of me this spring if your interested in that ride.? And how could anyone say a Cat was ugly - I think jealousy is playing a little part in their response.

Hey smbassman-  Sounds great.  Yup I live in freeland.  I actually hunt out in your neck of the woods as well.  I would love to take a look ay your cat.  Shoot me an email or I will contact you later this spring as you mentioned.

Take Care....Bob
I am haunted by waters.