Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:25:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Happy Thanksgiving!

Started by yukonjack2, November 23, 2006, 10:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukonjack2

Wow - time sure does fly by these days - I can't beleive its already  Thanksgiving.  Another fishing season finished - time to go from the outdoor lab sessions to the indoor classroom once again. 
I just wanted  to reflect on the past season(good, bad and ugly) and look ahead to 2007. I have to say thanks to Dan K for providing this awesome forum - from the infinite knowledge sharing to the twisted and well moderated humor - I always look forward to the next posted tidbit out there. 
A few highlights and lowlights that come to mind - Bass saturday kicking off in January.  I couldn't wait to see 3 hours of different bass coverage every week - until it degraded to who can stand Charlie Moore - ugh.  Seeing everyone at the sport shows, and buying up the hottest baits and tackle that I didn't really need.  Watching Kim Strickers DVd over and over and over in anticipation  of the LSC smallies.  Organizing all the baits arriving by mail after the show baits wer put away.  Plotting out the tourney schedule for the whole season to figure out what to actually fish - seems there is even more in 2007.  Poorboys piggly wiggly adventures down in SC - still cracking up over that one.  $30+ oil and $3 gas is definately a lowlight of last year - looks like releif is here for 2007.  Josh's success thru the stren series - way to go- couldn't wait for them to post the results each day to see how you did. The tackle swap at hooters - hopefully a perennial favorite.  My great practices and poor BFL performances - from crappy weather to broken boat parts - I guess thats fishin - if it was easy everyone would be doing it - PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.  The TBF formation after MI voted to stay with BASS from the ground up.  I am looking forward to being co-youth director in 2007 - see its the sweetest thing post and its a no-brainer. HAving my practice partner land a 7-09 smallie up in the SC river the day before the BFL - just awesome to net and see a fish that big.The DK open - I couldn't make it, but look forward to next year for sure.
The TBF state team success  at the regional in WI - way to go guys!
Renmeber, MI is the host in 2008, I hope to see everyone excited to participate and get involved. PB - good luck with  Poor Baby!
I am sure I missed more than what just came to mind - feel free to add your highlights and lowlights as well.

Happy Thanksgiving Everone - tight lines!

yukonjack2
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

canvsbk

I couldn't agree more....
This site is both very helpful and humorous at times and always quite pleasant to visit. Thanks to Dan!
As far as reflecting - it's not quite time yet. One more tourney this Saturday! After a 25 year absence my return to the tournament scene this year found not much has changed. The folks are different people but they're still good guys to be around. I had forgoten how much fun it was.(I do think I may buy some new pork frogs soon, I'm tired of having to pre-drill 'em in the garage.)
I wish you all a fine holiday and hope to see you on the water next year.
Look past what they want you to see.

Skulley

Quote from: yukonjack2 on November 23, 2006, 10:34:27 AM
PB - good luck with? Poor Baby!

Ah yes..... another Holiday Season is upon us and thoughts I have are about my kids.? The excitement is already mounting in the BD household.? My daughter wants IPOD's and electronics.? My son wants Nintendo DS's and games for the Gamecube as well as Hot Wheels.? As Poor Boy's baby grows in to a little person and then to a tweenager........he will become poorer than he thinks.? ?;D? The name Poor Boy will actually have genuine meaning.  But it's all good.  ?

Next year the daughter and I are going to be at Houghton Lake for the NBAA Championships.? We are looking forward to that.? I am also excited about my son.? Being six (6) years old he is all about hanging with Dad.? He wants to fish with me more and more and I am excited about that.

I guess today we should reflect on what we are thankful for.? Well, I am thankful for this website because I have now blogged with some of the finest fishermen, fisherwomen, and people known to the human race.? Thanks Dan for making this website the place to be.? If you're anybody, then you are a member of this website.? Thanks Dan.

I am also thankful for my family and our health.? If it wasn't for them and the fact that we are all healthy, I would not be as focused as I am on what needs to be done to achieve success in all I do.? I am truly lucky and blessed.

Above all Happy Thanksgiving to all the membership of www.GreatLakesbass.com.

BD? ? ? ? ? ?;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Skip Johnson

UAW BIG DOG
you worded it well" Quote"
I guess today we should reflect on what we are thankful for.  Well, I am thankful for this website because I have now blogged with some of the finest fishermen, fisherwomen, and people known to the human race.  Thanks Dan for making this website the place to be.  If you're anybody, then you are a member of this website.  Thanks Dan.

I have enjoyed being a part of this group and cant wait to meet the rest of the guys here and thanx Dan for a free site to keep us connected.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL
Go Big or Go Home!

djkimmel

WOW! Great! Great posts! I haven't felt real well since last night and realized this morning I hadn't done anything for Thanksgiving to thank all of you.

I shouldn't worry. You always come through with fantastic words for each other. Thanks so much because without all of you, this forum wouldn't be the rich source of feeling and inspiration that it is.

Happy Thanksgiving! See you all soon I hope. Novi if not sooner.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.