Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

How many guys are up for a few more weeks of ROI Thursday nighters?

Started by Mike S., August 13, 2012, 09:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

I heard quite a few guys say they wanted to keep going. 10 weeks wasn't enough. Some tried to get the ball rolling, but it was just too short of notice, and nobody answered the call.

Good news!  I talked to Luke, and we are going to run a post season ROI next year. Myself and Brett are going to be running it, that way Gary and Josh can have a break, and just fish.

We haven't worked out all the details yet. Luke pretty much told me we were in the driver's seat. Once we figure it all out, and Luke is in approval, we will let it out. We would like to get crazy and have a bunch of boats, so we do know we are going to run it as an open event.

First rule, Luke and Brian are not allowed to win!  Just kidding. It's just not encouraged, how about that?

chrisvmo

You guys should start a little mini fall series. I was just asking luke about starting some thing this fall because there really isn't much left to fish in west Michigan besides classics.  Luke and I ran a couple tourneys last fall and we had a good number of boats show up.  How about a 4 tournament schedule on Saturday or Sunday's? Fish the Grand river, White Lake, Muskegon Lake, and Mona lake. in no particular order, Just to mix it up a bit. Keep them as opens and maybe even keep points for the ROI Fall series champion?! I don't know, just an Idea.

Mike S.

That's a great idea, but I can't commit to weekends with the work schedule I have. Very rarely do I get a weekend off. My wife would kill me if I took 4 weekends off to fish instead of have some family time.

chrisvmo

Gotcha. The lakeshore gets tough in the fall. I'm not sure if it's the abundance of bait that comes in from the lake when the water cools down or what the case is. I'm yet to find a good fall pattern on any of the lakes, but I have a few idea's to try this year for sure.

32eml24

Mike S.

Well, ROI ended in early August, which would leave 6 Thursday nights to continue fishing. The reason I say 6 is because people will be thinking about deer season. So, if we go until the middle of September, that will leave 2 weeks until bow season. Or, we can go until we just don't have any boats. Feedback from you guys would really help plan this out.   When we get it all put together, we will post details. Hope we have a ton of boats.

djkimmel

Fall fishing was always pretty good for me over there when I've been able to do it. I would fish around the bait. Figured that is where I would be if I was a bass.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike S.

Last Fall was awesome. The fish are still biting pretty good. They usually bite through September pretty good.

We weren't ready to be done with the tournaments, so hopefully we get enough boats to make it worthwhile.

Waterfoul

Have a 4 week rotating schedule:

Fremont
Manistee
Fremont
Manistee.

Smallies for everyone!!

From experience, in the fall it pretty much has to be on weekends... it gets dark earlier and earlier... faster and faster.  The only way you could do a weekday tourney would be to start at about 4:00 and most people can't pull that off.

We did have a couple "pick up" events in the past that started at 10:00 a.m. and ended at 3:00 on Sundays.  Seemed to work.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

We will start the Thursday after the regular ROI ends. If we would have done it this year, we would already be on our third week.  We would have plenty of time. We fished from 6 to 9:30. I'm pretty sure we would be ok if we wrapped it up by the middle of September. It's just a little more fun for everybody. No high stakes, no worry of points. Just go fish to win some money. I know I sure miss Thursday nights.

customfishn

I know of 2 divisions running fall lakeshore series.  Brian Purwin runs one starting on sept. 9th and they fish Croton, Fremont, White, Muskegon and White.  Then Ben Nielson runs one that starts Oct. 7th and fishes White, Pentwater, Fremont, and Muskegon.  Both are Nbaa events Brian Purwins has drawn really good numbers in the past.  Just an idea for this coming year.

chrisvmo

Quote from: Waterfoul on August 21, 2012, 06:40:20 PM
Have a 4 week rotating schedule:

Fremont
Manistee
Fremont
Manistee.

Smallies for everyone!!

From experience, in the fall it pretty much has to be on weekends... it gets dark earlier and earlier... faster and faster.  The only way you could do a weekday tourney would be to start at about 4:00 and most people can't pull that off.

We did have a couple "pick up" events in the past that started at 10:00 a.m. and ended at 3:00 on Sundays.  Seemed to work.

Mike, Would you really make the drive? Fremont perhaps but manistee is a hike for many. From what I know there may be something in the works.

chrisvmo

Quote from: customfishn on August 25, 2012, 01:14:28 AM
I know of 2 divisions running fall lakeshore series.  Brian Purwin runs one starting on sept. 9th and they fish Croton, Fremont, White, Muskegon and White.  Then Ben Nielson runs one that starts Oct. 7th and fishes White, Pentwater, Fremont, and Muskegon.  Both are Nbaa events Brian Purwins has drawn really good numbers in the past.  Just an idea for this coming year.
I've thought about fishing the Fall northern division for years. Might have to do it this year. They are both great schedules though.

customfishn

Quote from: chrisvmo on August 25, 2012, 03:19:01 PM
Quote from: customfishn on August 25, 2012, 01:14:28 AM
I've thought about fishing the Fall northern division for years. Might have to do it this year. They are both great schedules though.
The only bad thing is they took Hardy off the schedule and put Croton on