email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lakemaster vs. Navionics...  (Read 4746 times)

EKennedy

Lakemaster vs. Navionics...
« on: July 25, 2012, 09:24:52 PM »

HB 798cSI...which chip do I want?  Seems that the Navionics chip gives a lot more lakes in more states than the Lakemaster and 1 foot contours for only a little more money.  I might fish Indiana or Kentucky...someday.  Both seem to have the same MI lakes for the most part.   Thoughts?

bigmojet

Re: Lakemaster vs. Navionics...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:03:24 PM »

Depends on what lake your fishing. I have both that i flip flop between console and bow graph. A couple examples. Bear lake in manistee cty the navionics card is useless but the lakemaster card is awesome. Just the opposite on crystal lake just 15 minutes away

KirtH

• GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Fingerling
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 10:42:45 AM »

Here is a link to the Navionics lake list site, they are aggressively updating lakes and adding more, let me know what lakes you are interested in I could do some digging. One nice feature of Navionics is their mapping chips a updatable so as they add or change lakes you can download it to your chip, Freshest Data.  http://www.navionics.com/navionics-hd-lake-updates

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 12:21:37 PM »

I really like my Lakemaster Michigan chip. It is only Michigan and is missing some lakes. They also update all the time. Seems like more so and faster now that they are owned by Humminbird.

I have never owned or used Navionics chips but they invariably get good comments and recommendations. They may be a better choice for multi-state anglers if the price is comparable.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

KirtH

• GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Fingerling
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 06:33:06 PM »

I found this comparison on the web on the number of lakes mapped in standard and HD 1' contours

fiker

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • PB small mouth
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »

I haven't looked at this for a long time.  I bought my chips and units 3 years ago.  At that time, I liked the concept of the HD, but when I looked at which lakes were offered, it wasn't worth the extra money for me.  I believe that the 1' contours are only for the HD lakes but am not positive.

Now Lakemaster is owned by Humminbird.  There is a nice feature that they have and that is selective shading of different depths.  Not sure if that's only on the HD maps only too, but it looks like a nice feature.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Rick Fike
Vice president & Program Director Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Frank

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
    • Red Dirt Bait Company
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 11:09:39 PM »

should one chip be working on both units if im using interlink?

bigmojet

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 08:47:44 AM »

Someone correct me but because of copyright laws I don't think software allows.

t-bone

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • 2013 Ranger z520c & 2014 Ford F-150
  • View Gallery
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »

The interlink does not share the map data - you need a separate chip for each unit.

should one chip be working on both units if im using interlink?

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Genie

• www.MyFishingLogs.com
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Stop wishing and get fishing ...
  • View Gallery
    • MyFishingLogs
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 09:35:06 AM »

No.  1 chip = 1 unit.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.MyFishingLogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

Mini

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 03:34:16 PM »

You can now get away with one chip for BOTH units IF you are running the latest software from Lowrance in the TOUCH series units.

The Navionics+ was just announced at iCAST and is getting great reviews. Check the website for more.

www.navionics.com

Mini

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge