Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:18:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Patoka Lake

Started by dsmatch, October 12, 2006, 10:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsmatch

I'll be heading down there Oct 21-22. I have never been there. If anyone could offer any info,spots,popular colors, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dave
C 312 907-3870
dsmatch9697@sbcglobal.net

HellaBass

ds,

r u fishing as a boater  ???

dsmatch

Yes Sir,
It a buddy tounament, I expect 30-50 boats.

HellaBass

it would be great to hear about what you find as I am fishing the Weekend Series Regional right after you are done.

djkimmel

Wish I could have helped - I've never been on Patoka. How did it go?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

HellaBass

:'(  Its still too hard to talk about  >:(

One fish, finished 64th out of 134

djkimmel

That's the way that Indiana fishing goes sometimes...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Eric

I have never been to a tournament where so few fish were weighed in, but I also have never been to a tournament where so many big fish were weighed in.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

HellaBass

Eric,

I would agree with you.  A buddy of mine weighed 3 fish, a 6-01, 5-06, & a 5-03, that put him in like 5th place for the tourney  :o

Rich

djkimmel

Sounds like the Patoka I've always heard about...

rufus

It's funny, being from extreme NE Indiana I don't get to Patoka a lot, but when I have been there the fishing is usually pretty good. The 15 inch size limit makes keepers hard to come, but believe me there are plenty of them their. The last couple major tournaments on it have showed it to be a very poor fishery. Lake Monroe, it's slightly larger neighbor to the north, is the one that is considered the "dead sea". Patoka has a lot of visble cover and weedbeds, a lot of the fish I have caught their have been deeper. There is a lot of unprobed deep structure in this lake that really needs searched out. A friend of mine just got a top 10 in the Skeeter tourney down their. He did not have a fish and in the last half hour stumbled onto some deep structure in 32 feet of water. In less than 20 minutes of fishing he caught two 4's and a 2 pounder.

HellaBass

Rufus,
I agree there is a bunch of good weeds and cover, my best area had weeds out into 16-17ft on a rock bank, but with all that good cover it seems like there should be more fish

djkimmel

Despite never being there, I have always heard there are BIG bass to be had real deep... at least 30 feet as rufus pointed out. That may be the reason I've never made myself stop there - I'm not in love with deep fishing, although I like it fine when it is working for me.