Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2007 Michigan BFL Schedule

Started by djkimmel, August 28, 2006, 12:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

2007 Michigan Division BFL schedule
Michigan BFL tournament director - Anthony Wright

Event

Burt/Mullet
St. Clair
Grand River
Detroit R
Detroit R
Mississippi R
Marina

Pier 33
Metro Beach
Riverside Park
Elizabeth Park
Elizabeth Park
Captain Kirk's Marina
City / State
?
Cheboygan
Mt. Clemens
Grand Haven
Trenton
Trenton
Fort Madison, IA
Date

6/16
7/7
7/28
8/25
9/15-16
10/4 - 10/6
Priority Deadline
5/24
6/14
7/5
8/2
8/23

Late Fee Starts
6/6
6/27
7/18
8/15
9/5

Final Entry Date
6/15
7/6
7/27
8/24
9/14
10/3

Anthony made a point to say the schedule was developed after input from Michigan BFL members (around 40 or so email at least that I had heard of and some phone calls). He encourages members to contact him and let him know what they want to fish.

Contact him at:
270-252-1000
or
awright@flwoutdoors.com

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bshaner

That looks identical to 2006.  I do remember hearing alot of people concerned about the same lakes always being fished.   Did no one suggest anything different?  Next year will be my first year fishing the BFL series, so it doesnt matter to me.  If it holds water, I'll fish it!

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

djkimmel

Comments received were over 20:1 in favor pretty much of the same schedule.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bshaner

Oh, I dont doubt ya!  Am I going senile though?  Thought for sure I heard opinions voiced about the issue.  Anyway it's neither here nor there, will be the first time fishing them for me, so it will be fresh water!

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

djkimmel

There were other opinions and other lakes suggested. No doubt. Just in a very small minority, especially Burt/Mullett which were only missing from something like two 'votes.'

5alive

I wish the first date was a week earlier. As it is, it puts that one on opening day of St. Clair.
Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

Genie

Which ramp are they using for the Grand River event?
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

smbassman

Quote from: 5alive on August 29, 2006, 07:16:31 AM
I wish the first date was a week earlier. As it is, it puts that one on opening day of St. Clair.

I agree with this!  That will definitely mess up a lot of plans for other big St. Clair opener tournaments that don't want to compete with the BFL.

Also, with a warm spring, this could be a little late for the reason people are willing to travel that far north - giant bedding smallies!  No doubt there will be some left no matter what, but it could be tougher. 

Team houston

How do you know it will not be a cold spring? Could be a pre-spawn tourny.

bshaner

Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

smbassman

Quote from: Team houston on August 29, 2006, 10:59:59 AM
How do you know it will not be a cold spring? Could be a pre-spawn tourny.

No doubt there are always a mix of pre, post spawn and bedding fish from early May to nearly July in Northern Michigan inland lakes.  By mid to late June, even if the water temps are still in the mid 60's (cold spring) the fish will still spawn and there will be very few "pre-spawn" fish left.  There should be bedding fish though. 

But if it is a warm spring with a couple stable weather periods, the majority of the fish could be spawned out as early as memorial weekend.

Two years ago was a warm spring like I mention and I was on Burt/Mullet the first weekend of June and there were very few bedding fish left - mostly males guarding fry.  The water temp was already 75+ degrees.

It is just safer to plan between memorial weekend to the 2nd weekend in June to hit the spawn on these lakes.

djkimmel

I haven't asked Anthony, but they each work around several divisions so something appears to have pushed our schedule a week later. I'll ask him if I get a chance.

For the Grand River, I imagine he is planning on using Riverside Park. Is there something else looking at that date?

Bulletproof

I'm not arguing the numbers turned in.  But I did remember seeing a fair amount of guys mentioning some lakes around the Grand Traverse Area.

What about the gosh darn, good ole' Saginaw Bay, man another year to wait. :'(
I am haunted by waters.

Genie

Grand River -

Dan, I was at the Grand River event this year and was talking with the director and he mentioned that he would like to use the county launch that is closer to the big lake.  Just curious if he was going to follow through on that.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

SODY

I hope they do! The launch is nearly as good, with no long NO WAKE zones. FOM Fishers of Men has been using it for two years and it is great with a nice staging area.

We will be there Saturday July 21 st for our third tourney (See posted schedule) and i;m hoping all my old buddies can come out and join us on Friday for our cook out and meeting. Free food for all participants.

After all you will be there practicing anyhow, why not join us. Not that I planned that or anything :-)
Sody

blazer64

DJ where exactly are we launching out of on burt-mullet.

djkimmel

Quote from: blazer64 on May 28, 2007, 09:22:31 PM
DJ where exactly are we launching out of on burt-mullet.

Missed this post - sorry. You may have gotten your answer already - Pier 33 Party Store / Summer Moorings Marina - on M-33 at the bridge over the Cheboygan River. Pretty close to old 27.

There is limited parking at the marina, but there may be opportunities to launch Friday night and leave your boat overnight (not your trailer) at one of the open marina slips. Unsure yet if there will be a small charge.

Don't count on electricity - these are large boat outlets that require an expensive adapter to plug into. There may be two posts with adapters and plug strips, but again, don't count on it. If they do it, it will be limited to first-come, first-serve to only a few boats.

Most people will launch up in Cheboygan at the MDNR ramp on the Cheboygan River across the east side of Lincoln St. Allow up to 50 minutes to no-wake down from this ramp to Pier 33.

There may be other options, but I have not confirmed anything with tournament director Anthony Wright on how he wants to do this so it may have to wait until the meeting Friday night as far as multiple ramps and/or launching at Pier 33.

Below is only informational, but not any policy or approval since I can't do that - Anthony may very well limit launch locations to only specific places so confirm with him before making a decision for Saturday morning.

There's a boat ramp with parking for 20 or so at Aloha State Park - 2 to 3 miles from the mouth of the Cheboygan River - takes about 15 minutes to no-wake to Pier 33.

There's an MDNR ramp in the NW corner of Mullett Lake next to the marina there - less than a mile from the mouth of the Cheboygan River. Only parking for 20 or so trailers. There may be alternate parking locations, but that would be up to Anthony to approve.