Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:39:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2012 frogs only thing

Started by bob o, March 16, 2012, 02:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

Frogs only? No Carolina rigs?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bosshawg

need to visit site more often - fished this last year, might to return..
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

YpsiBass

Need to get off my lazy butt and pick up a clone series frog before August 11th!

Oh that reminds me...  Is there going to be some sort of pairing thing here for boater/non-boater?

bob o

http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=9897.60

for last years rules see the above thread, start on page 3-4 for what a frog is, and around page 8 we picked teams and ended up with $15 each plus $5 for big fish (5.04lb last year ;D). so lets start getting a count of boaters vs non-boaters and get the frog hopping. insert frog joke, pun here.
;D
mojo, will you be the money man this year?
we will need weigh-in scales too.

no rain, no rain, no rain

djkimmel

I have a couple Bass Frog Clones to try out this year. Look out!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

VinceR

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't we pick our own partners last year? That is, except where a boater wanted to fish, but had no partner or vise versa.

Oh, and DK, the rain never made it this far. I hear that it's possible that we might see some Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

djkimmel

Sheesh! It usually rains at Lake Ovid when there's rain nearby. Thought I heard some of you picked your own teams?

bob o

Quote from: VinceR on July 16, 2012, 07:54:41 PM
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but didn't we pick our own partners last year? That is, except where a boater wanted to fish, but had no partner or vise versa.

Oh, and DK, the rain never made it this far. I hear that it's possible that we might see some Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

yep i think your right, we even had an open seat in one of the boats.

that being said i have an open seat right now

YpsiBass

I'm in as non-boater so looking to hitch a ride.

MSURoss

Thanks bob o

Any way to to rig them?

MSURoss

My buddy erik is fishing with me

bosshawg

still iffy on this.  debating to make a 1 day trip on this.  we camped last year but no can do this time.

what's are the hours for this?

Michigan Bass Busters

bob o

this is shaping up just fine, oh yea don't forget to stop by the campsite after the tourny for some food and pops and listen to all the B.S. you can stand hahahaha

bob o

either way, as long as everyone has a ride we should be good to go

djkimmel

Mojo... did you buy a boat? I know you've been talking about it for a while. Oh, you might use Franks.

I now also don't have a truck. Late the evening before I was to leave for a surprise camera boat job, my brake fluid decide to squirt out the back somewhere up in the frame over the back axle near the shock. Didn't have chance before desperately seeking an alternative to figure out what blew or broke!

Trying to stop a 1-ton dually without power brakes and no bass boat is already more excitement than I can handle. I have the occasional nightmare about that as it is!

Luckily, my brotha Genie made a shrewd trade of my 09 Pontiac Vibe for his Chevy Truck and big ole Skeeter bass boat so I could still make the 3-day gig, albeit without not a single minute of sleep the first night... going to bed in a few minutes for about 10-11 hours now that I'm back home.

Genie

The little car was actually nice to drive - and it only took $40 to fill it up!!!!  Now getting in and out of the car was funny and might end up on youtube from a co-worker or something.
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

bosshawg

i'm in as a definate boater..  do i have a definate rider?  i know pairings sorta arranged, is this still good. i do have a co-interested, but said i was set.

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

Quote from: Genie on July 27, 2012, 08:26:09 AM
The little car was actually nice to drive - and it only took $40 to fill it up!!!!  Now getting in and out of the car was funny and might end up on youtube from a co-worker or something.

I noticed you were driving it from the back seat!

djkimmel

Quote from: bosshawg on July 27, 2012, 02:05:35 PM
i'm in as a definate boater..  do i have a definate rider?  i know pairings sorta arranged, is this still good. i do have a co-interested, but said i was set.

My understanding is you can choose your own partner, or if you don't have one, bob o, Mojo, whomever will help you get paired up with someone else who doesn't have one. Or you can just ask someone.

djkimmel

Quote from: Mojo on July 27, 2012, 11:23:03 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on July 27, 2012, 03:01:04 AMOh, you might use Franks.

I now also don't have a truck..........

Luckily, my brotha Genie made a shrewd trade of my 09 Pontiac Vibe for his Chevy Truck and big ole Skeeter bass boat so I could still make the 3-day gig, albeit without not a single minute of sleep the first night...

I think that means you DO have a boat ? confirm ? If so we could try to get more coanglers, OR I could come up and drag your boat and leave Franks boat. Lemme know. I would rather not borrow, however, IT is last years champion boat !!!!!

My boat is still in 'rehab.' I traded Genie's truck and boat back for my 09 Vibe since it gets way better gas mileage when I don't have a boat to haul! I might already have a boater partner but he has not confirmed yet. I forgot we had talked about fishing this quite some time ago but he hadn't got permission yet. I will check again and try to get a decision from him, then let you know.