Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:00:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2012 frogs only thing

Started by bob o, March 16, 2012, 02:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

MSURoss

Yes I was looking, still am, but ill be good until next summerish. My grandpa gave me his 16ft smokercraft pro tiller with 50hp 4-stroke Yamaha!!! Not a bass boat, but I'm really happy I got something to get me on the water. I've fished a few tournaments on it, and it gets the job done!

bob o

Quote from: CMURoss on June 13, 2012, 10:08:54 PM
Yes I was looking, still am, but ill be good until next summerish. My grandpa gave me his 16ft smokercraft pro tiller with 50hp 4-stroke Yamaha!!! Not a bass boat, but I'm really happy I got something to get me on the water. I've fished a few tournaments on it, and it gets the job done!
sounds like a nice ride

YpsiBass

Quote from: CMURoss on June 13, 2012, 10:08:54 PM

After puttering around with a trolling motor, that would be a pretty sizable upgrade for me.  Congrats!

djkimmel

I spent years fishing out of a leaky (finally sank completely at Wixom Lake - that was a fun day!!) 14 foot homemade bass boat (and I am not the guy who can do these things right - hence the sinking of the bassman) with a 20HP motor. I fished everywhere in that boat. I went out in waves that would make a billygoat puke in that boat (NOTE: KIDS, AND BIG 'KIDS' DO NOT COPY MY BAD EXAMPLE!!)

In my original bass club, we had a guy dominate the club for several years fishing out of a 10-12 foot flat bottom boat with a 4HP motor. He taught me a lot about fishing verses running around casting!

Your boat sounds pretty good! You can fish just about anywhere even the biggest water if you pick your boat ramp carefully and don't get too much wide open big water between you and a protected area! Great boat for Lake Ovid down to the very small waters that don't get fished as much too!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob o

bump to the top, it's getting closer and closer

YpsiBass

Are we firm on a date now?

bob o

Quote from: YpsiBass on July 02, 2012, 05:29:00 PM

yes, august 11th Lake Ovid

we could also tag on a short buzzbait only tourny on sunday  :o

bob o

Quote from: YpsiBass on July 02, 2012, 05:29:00 PM

yes, august 11th Lake Ovid

we could also tag on a buzzbait only mini tourny on sunday  8)

bob o

BUMP don't forget, buzzbait thing on sunday?

VinceR

I have other plans for Sunday, but Jay and I will be there on Saturday! FoSho.

djkimmel

I hope I have my boat back by then.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob o

Quote from: djkimmel on July 14, 2012, 11:05:12 PM

and stay healthy this year please

karol

ok , i'm a drought stricken hoosier. where's lake orvid from the hoosier state?

djkimmel

Quote from: bob o on July 15, 2012, 12:07:02 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on July 14, 2012, 11:05:12 PM

and stay healthy this year please

I may have to be a 'guide' for this one...? Though, I haven't been on Ovid yet this year so no idea what type of lake it is yet this year?

djkimmel

Quote from: karol on July 15, 2012, 04:10:44 PM
ok , i'm a drought stricken hoosier. where's lake orvid from the hoosier state?

North!

djkimmel

Actually, it's a ways away for a Hoosier - a good 3 hours - but a fun little lake for anyone who like fishing shallower bass around weeds and wood. Get yourself on I-69 N and keep driving until you get to US-127 N in Lansing.

Take US-127 N about 8 miles North to exit 91 - Price Road.

Turn Right on Price Rd. Drive about 5.5 miles.

After you cross Shepardsville Rd (Stop sign for Price Rd), take the 1st Left into Sleepy Hollow State Park directly back to a very nice boat ramp.

Cast a frog.

djkimmel

The online maps have not been updated yet to show the boat ramp only new entrance off of Price Rd. The main entrance to the State Park and campground no longer goes all the way around the lake and the old night entrance off of Shepardsville Rd is also closed.

VinceR

The lake level is almost a foot low. It could use a couple of good rains. The weeds are healthier than I've seen them in quite a while. Still pretty green, with good growth to the surface and a very defined weed line.

The frog bite hasn't been as good as the past couple of years, but a couple of good rains could change that. There is a pretty good deep bite, though, with a few heavyweights being caught.

djkimmel

I like the lake when it has deeper, defined weedlines. But that isn't as good for froggin.' We had a lot of rain yesterday afternoon and last night. If it made it 20 miles North the frog bite might pick up good.

MSURoss

What are the lure rules going to be like this year?