Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:39:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Winter Swap Meet Time

Started by bob o, January 16, 2012, 09:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjc

Quote from: bob o on January 17, 2012, 07:58:35 PM
that's more like it  :o

March 3rd

Location: my house 15675 Oporto St Livonia MI 48154 (5mile and Middlebelt)

from 12:00 Noon til the last person leaves

i'll start a batch of chilie at 9:00am

see ya then
bob o
I am in, I was thinkin of stopping and getting some KFC.

bob o

bob o

[/quote]
I am in, I was thinkin of stopping and getting some KFC.

[/quote]

hmmmm chicken  ;D

1morecast

Hey Bob, Sounds like you might need some tater salad and other side dishes. I'll bring some.... :)

Jeri Toner
Director Sales & Marketing

Fishing Complete, Inc.
Home of the O-Wacky Tool
Case Plastics
Lunch Money Tubes
Zipper Worm Company

Wavespin Reels Fishing Staff

YpsiBass

Made some homemade brownies. Bringing those along with some cash and stuff to trade.

edit: had to eat a corner one to make sure they were good...

bob o

Quote from: 1morecast on March 02, 2012, 10:18:40 PM
Hey Bob, Sounds like you might need some tater salad and other side dishes. I'll bring some.... :)

sounds good to me

bob o

Quote from: Ellipsis on March 02, 2012, 11:16:34 PM
Made some homemade brownies. Bringing those along with some cash and stuff to trade.

edit: had to eat a corner one to make sure they were good...

they don't have any "funnt" stuff in them do they. hahaha, looks like we might need a snow shovel too. it figures we get snow today of all days, i thought winter was almost over

capt charlie's charters

I've got a couple of loaves of great sour dough bread to go with the chili and some sam adams alpine, plus some sure fire baits.
capt charlie

bigjc

Anyone there yet????  Just got out of work.

LAPORTE

Sorry I couldn't make it. I was on the fire truck all night with the winds kicking up. we had our last call around 8am this morning. the first came in around 9 last night. Well who scored the best stuff ? 
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Mojo

Man Don - you woulda had a blast - we missed you, Jay and Cheetham. Who scored the best ? prolly anyone who made it out !!!  The food was Great - Thanks Ellypsis for the wicked Brownies  ;D.

I consider these events the perfect relief from cabin fever. Lots of solid, GOOD people. No Stupid, Weird (A.G. jokers trying to sell their 'company' spinner baits, jigs) products being pitched.  Not much money exchanged - but lots of goodies to be had. See the way I approach this is anything in my basement that sits more than 1-2 years has no value. I traded a quantum reel for a glass /graphite 6.6 MH crankin Lews. To me that saved $150 for what woulda spent - and the fish ain't gonna know the difference.

There were G Loomis rods, Two hearted Ale, Shimano Crucials, Sam Adams Oktoberfest and Winter Ales, Grandt Crankin sticks, Newcastle.... I think you are catching on.

Traded something for a lucky craft cranks ? Can you say Wow ! Met a fine fella who sold OUTStanding and exacting painted 2" baby bass /brim/ sunfish rattletraps
For $2bucks each.    Traded a youth 6'0 med IM7 for a Rod i needed that seems about perfect to twitch and move my surface baits or jerk baits. Don't need a $ 200 rod for that
?????

I think the best part was to be made welcome  in Bobs Os house for a great - and I mean great event !! Thanks for having us.

And if you didn't make out, do NOT miss next years'  ;D we think it will be special ...
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

detroit1

I had a good time, and thanks to Bob's wife for letting us play in the house. It was nice to meet you all and  although i'm terrible with names, i won't forget the face. I'll be better prepared for next years' swap....later
WAVE THERAPY

bigjc

All of you who didn't make it missed a great time...Laporte, McCarter, Cheetam, and UAW Big Dog...you guys missed a good time.

A huge thank you to bob-o and his lovely wife for having us into their home.  And, thanks bob for a great deal on the H/B graph.

bigjc

BTW...thanks MOJO for some great swappin'.  I really feel like we made some great trades that should work out well for both of us.  You walked away with the two best rods that I brought, and I walked away with a reel that I would have gone out looking for in a month or two as well as a great spinning set up for my kid.

I had a great time!!!

Cheetam

I wish I could have made it.  I had my daughter's 6th birthday party today.  We ONLY had 18 little girls there.  And, it was one of those parties where the parents drop them off, so I was a litle busy  :D.  I had some really cool stuff to trade too!  Mostly beer, but I know the crowd!
Jeff

bob o

thanks to everyone for showing up yesterday, it was a blast, the food was great too homemade brownines, a huge sub platter from jimmiejohns, water melon, hotdogs the chili went too fast i better make a double batch next time.
there are some left items we found a heavy blue hoodie and a cooks goto storage system, if there yours shoot me an PM, call or just stop by next time your in the hood

YpsiBass

It was nice seeing some of the guys from the show and meeting some new folk.  Had a great time and looking forward to the open in May even more now.

1morecast

Hey Bob, Sorry I wasnt able to make it. Ended up "dog sitting" for my neighbor. Her husband had to go into emergency for a heart catheterization. I really look forward to next year.  :(   Thanks for the invite.
Jeri Toner
Director Sales & Marketing

Fishing Complete, Inc.
Home of the O-Wacky Tool
Case Plastics
Lunch Money Tubes
Zipper Worm Company

Wavespin Reels Fishing Staff

bob o

Quote from: 1morecast on March 04, 2012, 11:35:44 PM
Hey Bob, Sorry I wasnt able to make it. Ended up "dog sitting" for my neighbor. Her husband had to go into emergency for a heart catheterization. I really look forward to next year.  :(   Thanks for the invite.

no problem, i hope everything worked out for your neighbor.

t-bone

Bob - I gave you the cooks goto storage system when I left... I think you were too busy telling stories at the time to remember. Thanks for opening up your house to us and kudos to your wife for being a great hostess. Only bought/swapped a few things but I had a good time talking boats and baits!

Terry (T-Bone)
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250