Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:49:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Small group going to Monroe

Started by Mojo, November 22, 2011, 07:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

Quote from: Waterfoul on November 25, 2011, 11:36:49 AM
Anyone in the Grand Rapids area want to tow my boat over there?  Love to go... still need to replace a wheel bearing in the Tahoe though so I can't make the drive with it, and I just don't trust my old Escape to tow it that far.

That wheel bearing is an hour fix. Piece of cake. Do it tomorrow and away you go.

Waterfoul

Mike, I have family Thanksgiving tomorrow... after I work all day of course.  Just haven't had time!!!

Why don't we take your boat!?!?   ;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

I have to work tomorrow and Sunday. If I didn't, I would go in a heartbeat. As much as you fish around here, we should get together and beat up some lakes some time.

Mojo

Got reports in today bad dark muddy chocolate in the morning .  4 boats. Zero fish today. Lake and plant churning mud

Reports at 2 pm says water is clearing up. If you aren't afraid of stain, Manxfishing with friend, frank and I, are still in.

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Manxfishing

Well,

Every time that I've been there it's been mud
So i'll see you in the morning and will show them the fish still eat in the mud
It's just a matter of what you throw to them

bob o

slight chance i might be able to make it, but the radar is showing a ton of rain

Manxfishing

Yep,
Looks like there's allot of rain (but I think the bulk will be in the morning)
I own 2 rain suits and I don't melt

It's not going to hurt the fishing
there all ready in the water

For Me
It will be the last outing
I'll have plenty of time to sit on the couch this winter

I'll be there

Mojo

As of 10:30 Saturday this is what we have:

This Sunday 27th, 7:45 am at the ramp. Pairings:

Mighty Frank   and      Mojo
MikeSmiph      and      Friend
Manxfish         and      Friend
MarkGoetsch    and     Bronzeback67

Conditions:
Water: 68 F  light - med chocolate shad jumping - Lake Erie (inlet to plant) stained but clearing
Weather: 52 - rising to 54 mid day, steady 11 - 13 mph wind S SW and WSW, 1/2 inch rain for the day, thats barely a shower

No big food or picnic tomorrow. BUT this will become a yearly event that I envision us to grow. I see  bon fires, grills, music - a party on the sand bar !! I see 25 boats joining us inside 4 years - To celebrate the awesome fishing throughout the Great Lakes. Thats our spirit !!!!!!! Hey - Jobbie Nooner started this way.  ;D   :o

Frank

Mojo,

I dont want to call you this late.  As of now, Julia says she wants to go still, but she said she may back out when I get her up at 5:45.  That probably doesnt change anything of course.  Im excited.  Lets just hope my 15' boat can beat those stupid waves.  I hate it when we get sunk, then drown, then die. lol

Frank

YpsiBass

markgoetsch

I had a good time dispite getting rained on all day and not catching ONE fish!!  Just good to get out one last time before I put the boat away.

Manxfishing

Nothing for us
And we threw it all

Heard Mojo had 2 fish jump in the boat. LOL
but I don't think you can count that

djkimmel

Not the best weather conditions today.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

How did it go today ? Hmmmm the weather was fine, 50s, wind was fine, nice fog on the water, Erie waves 1-2 ft.  Folks need to know if you have a bass boat,.... Go 1000 ft past the last bouy then curl south to the entrance.

The fish were jumpin in the boat today folks, that's a true phrase ! A bass and a shad ! It was the chocolate mess that shut us down. Ohio river brown. Erie west shore for 1/2 mile out.

We plan to go back next Saturday or Sunday first week in December. And Christmas holiday 26th- 30th.  Pm if you are interested.

Mojo

mikesmiph

I'm not sure Ive ever had more fun Not catching fish. Seriously, this is such a great bunch of people on this website. I have a blast every time we get together. As was said, the water looked like chocolate milk. It was warm though, about 62 degs most of the time. Like most of the other guys, I threw everything at them. The only things I had any action on was dropshotting a Nemesis gobie. Got some real hard taps, but nothing would commit. Not even sure if they were bass. The weather was fine, never rained hard until we were back at the launch. We found a real nice place to eat down the street. Bolles Harbor Food and Ale, or something like that. Please pay attention to what Mojo said about the last buoy. I have the bent up prop to prove it. Very lucky I dont have a busted lower unit. Surprised the boat would still get up on plane after all the damage, but its only a prop. Not sure if my boat will be back this year, might have to put it away. Thanks to the guys who organized this. I look forward to many more trips down there.

Bender

I haven't been there for several years but I remember that you also need to stay off the left side when approaching the entrance to the area. I was really worried driving into there one time and played it safe by running way out into the lake, then I whacked the sandbar right at the entrance. Luckily it only damaged the prop a little. That's too bad the fishing wasn't better, I wonder if it is still recovering from the fish kill last winter?
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

markgoetsch

no there are still plenty of bass in there that I've caught this year.  Just one of those days I guess but I did have a couple bite and one break off so I did have a few opportunities.

BRONZEBACK67

I had a great time. I was able to meet some new people and see a different part of lake Erie. For late November the weather couldn't have been much better. Special thanks to Mark G for letting me share the boat with him yesterday.
And of course, MoJo for setting this up.

djkimmel

Glad you had a fun day of fishing. I thought you had more rain. You really were lucky. It rained here most of the day at 'GLBass HQ' in Lansing. Must have been the chocolate water then.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

how is the best way to learn when the mud is gone - without having to travel there ?