Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:21:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Saturday 9/24

Started by Revtro, September 24, 2011, 04:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Well it was S L O W out there today. 

We got out on the water around 8am in Algonac.  My parter and I headed straight up to Fawn.  We fished the US side.  Nothing.  We moved around to the Canadian side of Fawn and fished a wreck.  Nothing.  We moved to the Canadian Shore and fished a wreck there and down a nice little slot that usually holds some fish.  Nothing.  Getting the picture?

So we made our way down to the South Channel and found plenty of bait where the fishing's been reliable for over a month.  We managed one 2.75lb keeper and didn't get bit again.  Although in our defense, the area was HAMMERED by BFL boats.  There we two boats in the area and another moved in when we moved out.  So I'm sure these fish got pretty beat up way before we even got there.  I should have went there first.

So we made our way to the North Channel and fished another edge that has had a few fish and things seemed promising at first.  On one drift, my partner got a double header.  We thought it was going to be on, but except for a couple more light bites, we never got anything. 

Discouraged, we decided to do a little Largemouth fishing because at least we knew we could get a few and save face.  Um...not so much.  On my first pitch with a Senko, a largemouth followed it out of the weeds.  But then we never got another largemouth bite or follow.  We switched up presentations, but no dice.  So I decided to drift it deep for Smallies out off of these weeds and got two solid bites, but no hookups.  For all I know it was Sheephead...who knows. 

So today was not a great day for me in the channels.  But in another way, it was a great day.  I got out with a couple other boats from the Christian Anglers board and met some really fantastic guys.  It was wonderful to hang out with them.  We went to the State Park in Algonac after and had a BBQ.  Ellipsis hooked us up with major BBQ skillz.  A fun time was had by all and wow, was it a beautiful day weather wise.  We had calm water, sunny skies, and what I consider to be a great day overall on the water.  It was worth getting up early for. 

Hopefully in a few days the fishing will be better.  But I ain't complaining.   ;D
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]