Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:35:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

harrassment

Started by stackenem, August 25, 2011, 12:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stackenem

A Brighton man accused of shooting paintballs at two fishermen pleaded not guilty Friday to misdemeanor charges.
David Ward Donie, 47, returns to Livingston County District Court on Sept. 12 for a pretrial hearing. He is charged with two counts of interfering with fishing and malicious destruction of property valued at less than $200.
Michigan State Police allege Donie repeatedly shot paintballs at two men fishing in a tournament on Woodland Lake in the 8300 block of Hilton Road in Brighton Township on June 29.
The men, identified as a 24-year-old Walled Lake resident and a 40-year-old Milford resident, told police that another man first shouted obscenities at them before walking away. Donie then came from an area home and began to shoot multiple times at the two fishermen, police allege.
Police said the paintballs missed the men, but did strike their boat.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Manxfishing

Sweet,

The two fishermen are darn good for one
And there the nicest guys for two
There's no reason for that

Bender

A little digging and I found the address. That's not one of the areas that I fish on the lake and it is one of the newer, big homes. I don't want to see charges overblown, but it seems like there could be a little stronger charge filed for firing projectiles at people.

I've never had any trouble on the lake myself, but I don't fish docks there.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

stackenem

I just happen to know the shooter and he would do this if he lived in an outhouse, just his way.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Skulley

Quote from: stackenem on August 25, 2011, 01:27:40 PM
I just happen to know the shooter and he would do this if he lived in an outhouse, just his way.

In my opinion, if that his just his way, maybe he needs a little anger management.

BD                    ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Waterfoul

Quote from: UAWBigDog on August 25, 2011, 04:33:57 PM

In my opinion, if that his just his way, maybe he needs a little anger management.

BD                    ;D

If "that's his way" anger management won't do a dang thing for him.  I'd say 6 months in a cell with "Bubba" might teach him a lesson though.  Basically he assaulted two men with a weapon... the charges seem like a wrist slap to me.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Bender

From my friends' experiences with Livingston County Prosecutors it seems that the more money you spend, the less you get charged with. Unfortunately my friends didn't have a lot of money and one got railroaded into pleading to something he didn't exactly do rather than fight 10x the charges. I'm not saying that is what happened in this case because I don't know either party personally, but I don't think that it is out of the question. At the least I hope that this guy learns not to do it again. I don't really think that the charges are strong enough to send a message to riparians regarding harassment.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

stackenem

lets just say he has more $$$ than cents

Manxfishing

You might let him know
Not every one will put up with that

Me,
There would be a Marine landing and I'll be coming off the front deck low to the ground with the net in hand.

stackenem

Didn't say he was a friend just that I knew him. His problem if the marines land.

Mike Martin

lucky for him the dudes fishing werent carrying...gotta say, if it were me gettin shot at with a pball gun...id shoot back, and my ammo would poke holes not paint a rainbow

Frank

Could we get the address posted on here?  Sounds like I may have a new favorite spot,

djkimmel

Tempting... but not a good idea so no address on here please. I think the person already has enough issues from the sounds of things anyway. :)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mike Martin

Quote from: fbenn12122000 on August 25, 2011, 11:49:12 PM
Could we get the address posted on here?  Sounds like I may have a new favorite spot,

;D :D ;D