Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Nice evening outing with my son.

Started by Mike S., July 12, 2011, 09:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

Work consumes a large amount of my time lately.  Seven days a week, as a matter of   fact.  Today, I just really wanted to take my 11 year old son fishing.  I wanted him to see what kind of fun it is to attack docks with a tube.

So, I get home, and take a shower. Hook up the boat, and away we go. Our destination, Wolf Lake, here in Muskegon. I just knew we would have a good number of fish, but quality goes out the window. What better way to teach a kid something new than to take him somewhere that you know he will catch fish? 

We introduce the Skeeter to Wolf Lake, which probably made the boat feel clostrophobic.  I tied on the Xtreme 4 inch Muskegon lake goby tube for both of us, and across the lake we go.

Upon arrival at our first dock, I explain to him how to fish the tube, and give him some pointers on casting around and under docks.  I hook a fish on my second cast, and it gets off at the boat.  The boy answers back, and swings one in the boat kinda like he's done it a time or two.  It's on now dad, he says. He quickly boats number 2 and 3.  Looks like he's catching on quick. Then dad gets in the swing of things and starts hooking up. He got mad at me when I boated number 5. After 10 dinks, finally a good one. Goes 18 inches on the Golden Rule. A few more dinks, and the boy hooks up on number 4.  Then, I tell him to head up front and grab the tolling motor. His first time with a foot control. He took off like a pro. Cruising up to docks, spinning is of we get snagged.  I'm amazed.  We finally call it a day, and head to the launch. In less than 2 and a half hours, we boated about 25 fish between us. We had some laughs, and the boy learned something new. It just doesn't get any better than that.  I just wanted to share this with everyone, because it was an excellent bonding trip with my boy.

YpsiBass

Lucky kid.  Got to enjoy those moments as much as you can.  Glad you both had a great time.

Firefighter Jeff

Good deal Mike, he will remember that trip his lifetime I'm sure !!!!  :)

Mike Martin

cant beat it, prolly made his day to run the boat